Model Cars Magazine Forum

Completed: Lamborghini Murcielago

It's been quite a while since I completed a project so I'm happy to say I finally got that monkey off my back recently by wrapping up my Fujimi Lamborghini Murcielago.

This was finished with my own Giallo Orion Pearl paint. I saw one of these zip by in traffic one bright, sunny day and the stunning color effect of its tricoat finish was indescribable. With indoor or outdoor lighting it's impossible to capture the true look of the yellow & gold pearl effects of the paint, but you can kind of get the idea. I opened up the side air inlets, thinned the tail pipes a bit, and tweaked the suspension to get a lower ride height. The interior is basic black and the wheels were refinished with Alclad Polished Aluminum.

lm1.jpg

lm2.jpg

lm3.jpg

More pics can be seen here.

Thanks for looking!

Hey Leon! Welcome aboard. Great job on the Lambo!!

Thanks Bob! Like I had mentioned elsewhere, it really amazed me how after laying off the modeling bench for so long I managed to bungle some very basic stuff when finishing this model, most notably some excessive glue around the edges of the transparent headlight covers. Easy enough to avoid, yet I still smeared it up anyway. It at least proved a good lesson on staying in practice to keep the rust off the ol' fingers.

Thanks Bob! Like I had mentioned elsewhere, it really amazed me how after laying off the modeling bench for so long I managed to bungle some very basic stuff when finishing this model, most notably some excessive glue around the edges of the transparent headlight covers. Easy enough to avoid, yet I still smeared it up anyway. It at least proved a good lesson on staying in practice to keep the rust off the ol' fingers.

Modeling is a bit like riding a bike, you never forget how but you might not be in the best shape if you haven't tried it lately!

Easy tip for headlight covers like this, most have a black surround or "o" ring seal. Run the edge of a black Sharpie along the edge of the cover, and use a thick/strong white glue like Microscale Krystal Klear or Formula 560 canopy glue; a little excess dries clear and also wipes up w/water before it dries. Formula 560 is one of the best glues I've ever found, it's far stronger than Elmer's when dry. More like epoxy.

I am in Love with that car. I have a kit on the way and will be posting an order to you soon Leon

Thanks Charlie. I'll have a Lambo update on August 1st which will include the Murcielago color I've received the most requests for ever.

Easy tip for headlight covers like this, most have a black surround or "o" ring seal. Run the edge of a black Sharpie along the edge of the cover, and use a thick/strong white glue like Microscale Krystal Klear or Formula 560 canopy glue; a little excess dries clear and also wipes up w/water before it dries. Formula 560 is one of the best glues I've ever found, it's far stronger than Elmer's when dry. More like epoxy.

I should know better so I appreciate the tip, especially about using the Sharpie pen around the edges. I will definitely put that one to use next time around. Thanks!

Glad to see you made it here too Leon.

Again, that is a beautiful Lamborghini.

I really need to get my Gallardo done.

Since using your paints, it is all I want to do now, paint hte bodies. Something I used to dread.

Anyway, glad to see you here!

Chris

Leon,

You have a magic hand to lay down beautiful paint jobs. That car really looks GREAT in that color.

I finally got my hands into the elusive Fujimi Gallardo and I hope to make it justice with your Giallo Midas Pearl.

Thanks,