Model Cars Magazine Forum

What is a "girls " car ?

DSC00036-vi.jpg

Hmmm... I have a Tweety on the back of my 1991 Geo Tracker, I hope that doesn't count!

Not in my book, Tweety is way cool!

Oh what the heck... the story is... back in 1991 when I bought the Tracker my daughters were young. They both thought the little Jeep convertible was way cool and named it "Our Tweety". So I got the decal made at a car show. They loved it.

Back then my younger daughter was around five and was into stickers as most kids were back then. We were going to run errands and I came out to the car to find her in the passenger seat with a huge grin. She pointed to the dashboard where she had put a smile face sticker right next to the speedometer. She said, "Every time you look at that you will think of me and smile." And I have, for the past 22 years and 245,000 miles!

That is Eugene the geep from Popeye.

Sorry, Eugene is not a "geep". He is a Jeep. A fourth-dimensional animal who rules on Jeep Island. He first appeared in the comic strip that starred Popeye, Thimble Theatre, on March 3, 1936. The only sound a Jeep makes, is "Jeep!" Segar picked the name partially because he like the sound, and it appeared in no dictionaries he could find at the time.

Eugene was a big hit in the strip. With his magical powers could do most anything. Many claim he may have been the inspiration for GIs in WWII to start calling their small utilityvehicle built by Willys (and Ford) a Jeep. For like Eugene, the small utilityvehicle seemed to able to do anything too. Others say the name for it came from slurring the initials of vehicle. Called a General Purpose vehicle. Or GP for short. Which ever story is true, it's a great name. And Eugene the Jeep is a cool character.

Scott

Oh what the heck... the story is... back in 1991 when I bought the Tracker my daughters were young. They both thought the little Jeep convertible was way cool and named it "Our Tweety". So I got the decal made at a car show. They loved it.

Back then my younger daughter was around five and was into stickers as most kids were back then. We were going to run errands and I came out to the car to find her in the passenger seat with a huge grin. She pointed to the dashboard where she had put a smile face sticker right next to the speedometer. She said, "Every time you look at that you will think of me and smile." And I have, for the past 22 years and 245,000 miles!

After hearing the above story, I would say it's very manly to have Tweety on the back of your Tracker. You can forget all my profound advice on how to become more of man. You don't need it.

Scott

Any 2 seat sports car with less than a V8

Where does that put the '53 and '54 Corvettes? Nash Healys? Most 1960's and earlier Jaguars? Datsun 240Zs? Toyota 2000 GTs? Mercedes 300, 240, 250, and 280SLs? How about a Stutz Bearcat or Mercer Raceabout? The list can go on and on. There are many great 2-seat cars without V-8s that not very "girly."

Scott