Model Cars Magazine Forum

What is a "girls " car ?

First car was a 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner and a 71 Fury III sport suburban, ugliest green ever. Then a 66 GTO , 86 Shelby GLHS, had another 69 RR while I was in the Corps, 98 Dodge Ram 2500 lifted 8 inches with 35's, 03' Ram 2500

and now a 77 Dodge Ramcharger .. if it's not a MoPar, chances are, you're wrong .. ;)

Actually I guess this could be a duplicate of the "What do you drive ?" thread.

yeah .. didn't mean to start anything ..

Sure, I don't have size issues!

2008 NIssan Xterra

1972 Datsun 510

Cars I have owned:

1969 Datsun 510

1971 datsun 521

1967 Datsun 1600 Roadster

1972 Plymouth 340 Cuda

1971 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu

So, what you got, Mike?

well .. I've built most of mine and have threads here. I'm more a sports car guy .. I don't even look at muscle cars as I consider them cheap cars with huge straight line engines .. of no interest to me. They DO sound good, though eheh.

I've had five Porsches and a couple Infiniti's of the G coupe variety .. standards with all the goodies. A triumph TR4. A pile of VW's. Right now I have a BMW X1 cause I need 4WD to get up my drive in winter. Guess I'm more a small tuned engine with good suspension person. And have no interest in what anyone thinks about what I drive ,, cause I drive it.

Was just being a wisebutt with that comment .. and meant no offense to anyone . . we all have different tastes, i.e. we get a LOT of choices in cars.. praise the Lord.

hahaha .. this thread is a riot .. all these manly dudes here ... :lol:

I think everyone should be required to say what they are currently driving before posting. :o

Here's my "girlie" ride. 240 ponies for a fuel injected 4 banger isn't too bad. That translates to 480 horses for Mike's V-8. :) Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

Good friend of mine who did 2 combat tours in Vietnam with the "Big Red 1" Army First Infantry Division drives a first-gen Miata he bought new in '86. He has several vehicles including a Ducati and a Dodge pickup, but the Miata is his favorite 4-wheeler.

The kind of guy whose masculinity isn't defined by what he drives.

Is that working girls as in "working girls ;) " ??

Around here, it's mostly fake-tanned, bleached-blonde balloon-bloobed real-estate agents in those. <_<

Haha, good one!

Same here about the fake tans and bleached blonde is a must. Maybe a sticker on the bumper about some Golf Club too.

This is my wifes JEEP....

DSC01636.jpg

So does that make it a girls car?

And she drives this....

DSC00152.jpg

More than I do.

Of course I drive this a lot.....

IMG_7735.jpg

And it usually gets called the "grocery getter" or the "soccer mom mobile". It wheels well though (running 35's and locked front and rear). I also have a 87 Suzuki TinTop that I daily drive (its built up as well)

The Aztec is hands down the single ugliest American vehicle of the last century. It looks like it was designed by Salvador Dali on acid! :lol: I can't believe that design ever made it through all the corporate levels and into actual production. What were they thinking??? :blink:

But 50 years from now, they will be cherished buy a certain cadre of collectors as the Edsel and AMC pacer and Gremlin are today.