Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Pre-Finished Series 2014 Corvette Stingray

At the GTR Modelers club meeting last night, Revell showed up with a parts board of the new C7 Stingray that is coming in their new pre-finished line. This is different that the SnapTite version in that it has an engine and more parts and requires glue. Per Revell, the first issue will have black and gunmetal parts trees and the body will be Red (Torch Red perhaps?).

Anyway, I only had the camera on my phone, so please excuse the blurriness of some of the shots.

IMG_20141101_191543_zpsa52cc044.jpg

IMG_20141101_191553_zpsfb552791.jpg

IMG_20141101_191611_zps6b6b81cc.jpg

IMG_20141101_191635_zps8f9fe968.jpg

IMG_20141101_191641_zps375e71f4.jpg

IMG_20141101_191656_zpsb1be61c8.jpg

IMG_20141101_191703_zps5e2449c9.jpg

IMG_20141101_191710_zpse033e7fd.jpg

IMG_20141101_191851_zps3d742397.jpg

Looks good but it would've been better if the rear suspension was separate from the chassis. The engine block looks okay but the tranny, I don't know what's going on there....

It is part of their pre-finished line and is simpler construction and fewer parts. Just like the already issued Camaro ZL1 and Challenger SRT.

The transmission is in the rear, so that's a torque tube attached to the engine block..(reply to post #2, but the quote feature doesn't work on IE11)

I was just going to post that too as after I got back I thought maybe there was a misunderstanding on the C7 having a transaxle like the C5 and C6.

Also, I have IE11 on Windows 8.1 and it works. Did you set this site in Compatibility View Settings?

Also, I have IE11 on Windows 8.1 and it works. Did you set this site in Compatibility View Settings?

Hmm... I set that, and it works fine now. Thanks. Using IE11 on Win 8.1 after giving up on Chrome (it's been very flaky for me on 8.1).

Edited by Rob Hall

Hmm... I set that, and it works fine now. Thanks. Using IE11 on Win 8.1 after giving up on Chrome (it's been very flaky for me on 8.1).

Compatibility View means that the website does not support all IE11 features and allows an IE9 level. Chrome (or Firefox) do not have all the security settings I can do with IE11 and Norton. I keep my computer very secure (to the point that some ad push attempts from some pages bumps the browser from time to time). A price worth paying, I think.

Last I read the snap 2014 kit was due in Dec. 2014 sometime. But then, lots of issues could come up to push them back, so it's not unusual for release dates to slip. I like the way this looks, I'm enjoying these simplified pre painted kits from Revell. They'll make nice shelf models.

that's kind of neat but I am more impressed that you had "Revell" (a representative I take it, perhaps an executive?) come to your model club meeting! must have some nice connections to have them bring preview pieces. are they expecting feedback there or is it more of a show and tell kind of atmosphere? obviously they are already committed on the tools to have test shots like that. very kool to have a factory rep come visit!

jb

Last I read the snap 2014 kit was due in Dec. 2014 sometime. But then, lots of issues could come up to push them back, so it's not unusual for release dates to slip. I like the way this looks, I'm enjoying these simplified pre painted kits from Revell. They'll make nice shelf models.

As of this evening the release dates on Tower Hobbies are as Jonathan stated. For whatever reason Revell's 4Q releases are sliding hind-end right out of 2014 for the most part. Everyone wonders where the 1Q 2015 announcements are, while the 4Q Corvette is sliding out of control into the 2Q of '15.

If Revell hasn't gotten the memo about including decals in the pre-paints after the first round of ZL-1 & Challengers, wake me when they get around to a full detail glue kit.

that's kind of neat but I am more impressed that you had "Revell" (a representative I take it, perhaps an executive?) come to your model club meeting! must have some nice connections to have them bring preview pieces. are they expecting feedback there or is it more of a show and tell kind of atmosphere? obviously they are already committed on the tools to have test shots like that. very kool to have a factory rep come visit!

jb

Their HQ is in the suburban Chicago area, so that is a benefit. They are invited to meetings at all three of the clubs I belong to here: GTR Modelers; CARS in Miniature; and Lake Michigan Model Car Club. When they show up and present it is a show and tell, but feedback from the members is accepted.

As of this evening the release dates on Tower Hobbies are as Jonathan stated. For whatever reason Revell's 4Q releases are sliding hind-end right out of 2014 for the most part. Everyone wonders where the 1Q 2015 announcements are, while the 4Q Corvette is sliding out of control into the 2Q of '15.

If Revell hasn't gotten the memo about including decals in the pre-paints after the first round of ZL-1 & Challengers, wake me when they get around to a full detail glue kit.

At our meeting Revell indicated that they, amongst other manufacturers, are experiencing slower turnarounds on corrections to test shots and, in some cases, complete misunderstanding of the correction resulting in a worse outcome. Please don't carry on about bringing this stuff back to the USA, because it is still not yet cost competitive and people constantly carp about kit prices as it is.

At our meeting Revell indicated that they, amongst other manufacturers, are experiencing slower turnarounds on corrections to test shots and, in some cases, complete misunderstanding of the correction resulting in a worse outcome. Please don't carry on about bringing this stuff back to the USA, because it is still not yet cost competitive and people constantly carp about kit prices as it is.

Gerry, far as I am aware, Jame's was not trying to make a point of bringing "this stuff" back to the USA, he was just pointing out that all the latest release have all been pushed back.

You are correct, its even happening with the big three across the pond, Aoshima is about a month behind at this point, kits that were scheduled to be released during the first to middle part of Oct, are just now getting released.

On topic

I am looking forward to the C7 kit.

I love the new Stingray. I'm more waiting for a plastic promo. What's the latest word on that? If any?

Scott

Scott, I checked with my dealer today, and I've been informed the promos have slipped again to the end of Dec. Apparently, GM asked for some unspecified additional changes.

Gerry, far as I am aware, Jame's was not trying to make a point of bringing "this stuff" back to the USA, he was just pointing out that all the latest release have all been pushed back.

You are correct, its even happening with the big three across the pond, Aoshima is about a month behind at this point, kits that were scheduled to be released during the first to middle part of Oct, are just now getting released.

On topic

I am looking forward to the C7 kit.

Sorry if I implied he was. It seems that someone almost always throws that into a thread, so was hoping to avoid that.

I love the new Stingray. I'm more waiting for a plastic promo. What's the latest word on that? If any?

Scott

The last time I heard from my promo dealer he indicated the blue coupe would be out by the end of December but since they're already been pushed back several times who knows. I'll be patient the kit looks like it has potential with a little extra work.

rob

• 2 weeks later...

Hello gang!

Looking forward to this kit and getting back to the workbench!

My only "concern" if you will is that if the plastic is prepainted, especially red, you need to be careful to avoid bleeding. That is the red plastic showing thru primer and color coat.

This kit looks good. It reminds me of the C6R kit: A simple non-intimidating kit for everyone, but at the same time a good foundation for letting loose and running wild....

Thanks!