Model Cars Magazine Forum

'70 Ford Torino GT

crazyjim

I thank you for your service Jim and I don't believe that comment should have been made.

Hey cobraman, did you serve ? If you didn't your comment is unwelcome. I served, I take ribbons & badges deadly serious. They're earned ( most of them ) in blood. To use one as decoration on a model is disgraceful. Unless you earned it. It was a valid question. Anybody who served would understand that ...

Edited by KingSix

Thank you Gene and Ray.

Dan, I earned the ribbon, and others, while serving with the 1st Battalion, 13th Marines 10 miles west of DaNang in 1969/70. I was a FO for 105 battery. Good enough?

And Happy 239th and Semper Fi .. I was an FO for 3rd Bn 2nd Marines Wpns. Co. 81's plt. KILL! ( btw , you were in country the same time as my eldest brother )

Edited by KingSix

Hey cobraman, did you serve ? If you didn't your comment is unwelcome. I served, I take ribbons & badges deadly serious. They're earned ( most of them ) in blood. To use one as decoration on a model is disgraceful. Unless you earned it. It was a valid question. Anybody who served would understand that ...

You don't get to decide what comments are welcome or not ! Your comment was wrong if you think so or not. You could have just said "Where and when did you serve ? "

You don't get to decide what comments are welcome or not ! Your comment was wrong if you think so or not. You could have just said "Where and when did you serve ? "

Ok, you obviously didn't serve, Your opinion is inconsequential to me. I'm done with this discussion. If you'd like to continue it, PM me.