Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi Enthusiast kit community build

timc

Dude we are going to have to tie an anchor to your heel....so far ahead of me I can hardly make you out in the distance

At least my workbench is clean and empty, will wait for weekend to start the Ferrari

I sat in a buddy's 328 on Friday to get me in the Ferrari mood for this build

imagejpg3.jpg

imagejpg1-2.jpg

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

Very nice!

My times that I have to work come and go.. some weeks ill have a few hours each week, or an hour or so a day.. other weeks I wont get any time at all. My wifes grandmother is transitioning into assisted living so she spends a few nights a week visiting so it gives me time alone at our place.

Ill take all the time I can get

I purchased some photo etch for the F40 (and a Testarossa as it turns out) from E bay last night. Have never used PE before, so may need some help and tips with it

_57.jpg

Anybody use R/C car wheels for their builds before??

I found some cool black 5 spoke star mags with a red stripe...kind of like my real BMW has

Haven't done anything on the bench all week...getting kinda ansy

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

Ha ha, yeah we're playing the catch up game now! The Civic interior looks awesome! I'm planning on trying flocking for the first time on the Countach. Going with the tan/black interior.

Scott, I've seen that set as well, looks like a few nice details for the F40. I'm learning how to use PE on my little F40 that's on the bench next to the Lambo. It's really fun to add those tiny little details.

I also found some Chrome "Ferrari" transfers that look like they should be a good way to apply the text badge on the rear deck. They are on their way from ebay.

Got a little done on the Countach. The fact that this started as a motorized kit caused the details to be a bit off, or missing all together. Not nearly as detailed as the F40. I will try to add a few of the missing details.

I temporarily assembled the engine into the chassis so I can fab up the coolant lines. The kit's large transmission piece towards the back of the car was used to hide the drive gears in the motorized version, so it's not very accurate. I am also going to try to replicate the larger air boxes. the kit air boxes do resemble one setup they did have in the Countach but the bigger ones will hide some of the missing parts of the chassis.

20150213_221843_HDR.jpg

Started working on the body. Maked the low spots that need attention. Attached the body moldings too. I've decided to not have the opening hood and lights. As cool of details they are, for displaying I just want the engine cover and doors open.

20150213_221625_HDR.jpg

Edited by Toast

I think this PE just looks like random bits done twice over

I wanted the brake rotors, foot pedals and gated shifter bezel. The rest, not so sure what they are if anything.

I am certain it will come with detailed instructions...ha ha

That Lambo will look sweet when you get her going.....most engine and tranny detail is hidden anyways

I purchased some photo etch for the F40 (and a Testarossa as it turns out) from E bay last night. Have never used PE before, so may need some help and tips with it

_57.jpg

Anybody use R/C car wheels for their builds before??

I found some cool black 5 spoke star mags with a red stripe...kind of like my real BMW has

Haven't done anything on the bench all week...getting kinda ansy

Mmmmmmm exhaust flanges... :wub:

I've got a garbage can here you could use.... :lol:

So I got to here late last night about 2AM with the F40

imagejpg3.jpg

imagejpg5.jpg

imagejpg5.jpg

Was worried the engine supports wouldn't line up with the framework, so I glued up the block and transmission on the frame.

Problem was I left the forward transverse bit on the frame while I glued up the oilpan. Had it all clamped up and everything, then had to tear it apart. Little bit of pry damage to one seam, but hopefully not visible. IDIOT ....that is what happens when being too careful

I made a little engine stand just for fun while cement was drying

imagejpg4.jpg

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

Thanks Ryan, it is pretty detailed and good casting
I am pleased that the Fujimi kits are like Tamiya...positive seating for parts coming together, no guesswork.
The engine and transmission mounts fit the frame perfectly
I am waiting on some PE and don't want to get too far ahead of myself and have to tear stuff apart

Not posting until the engine gets done ...God I am so slow!!!

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

• 2 weeks later...

Where the heck is everyone??

Ha ha I was just thinking I haven't posted an update on this in a while. I've been mocking the engine up to start building some of the missing details. Making some progress but nothing really picture worthy.

Looks like you're making enough progress for us all. The F40 is looking sharp.

Thanks Ryan, it is a cool engine...no Pocher mind you but pretty good

I hacked with my PE today to try and get some use of it

Found some Magnetti Morelli pentagons that fit, sort of, the magneto covers I am assuming...the black circles on end of the head

image.jpg1.jpg

Also made some wiring boots out of black acrylic paint

image.jpg5.jpg

I head to Hawaii next week, so want to finish the engine before that

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

My to do list had me cleaning and organizing the house to get ready for a model car building weekend this coming weekend. So hopefully I'll have a nice load of progress pics in a couple days!

Enjoy the vaca!

But don't wander too far off the path, you might get. . . Lost!

Edited by Toast

• 2 weeks later...