Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell Ford Del Rio Ranch Wagon 2'n'1

Matt T.

Yes, I have a problem with you and everyone supporting a racist terrosrist outlaw state with the worst record of human rights abuse . Yes, I have a problem with you and everyone using a platform intended for a hobby to express political/religious views. Yes, I have a problem with you and all "well informed" people trying to condemn one-sided racism using racist expressions. Classifying humans to semitics and non-semitics is in itself the utmost form of racism, especially when semitics claim to be superior to others. And the joke is, the semiticis that you are fan of are neither semitics nor related to Abraham in any form, rather turks converted to Judaism in the 10th century by purely opprtunistic motivations. Finally, and most importantly, you are free to think of what you like, but you should keep your beliefs and political views away from a model making forum. If I were a moderator I would have banned your avatar or even suspended your subscription completely.

well, yeah. then there's that....

let's just ALL take a deep breath, okay?

Wow........looks like this thread has wondered off on its own..... :o

Has the kit gotten out to the stores yet? Anyone got a good look at it?

It is a gem or is it a turd?

No? That what I thought :rolleyes:

Heres a suggestion for a new way out in to off-topic land then: What happens if you put polarbears and penguins in the same pen? ;)

Anybody wondering now why I think this thread should die?

Yes, actually.

It could certainly use a good cleaning up, to such an extent that I've decided to cut my own most divergent post. But the model's not even out yet, and people will want to talk about it when it arrives, at which point either this conversation can continue or a new thread about it can start, in which case the cycle will start again:

People will like the Del Rio and be on topic. People will describe the Del Rio, maybe take pictures, and be on topic. People will likely find problems as they examine the kit and be on topic. People will take offense to the problems pointed out, attack those who find those problems, and start driving the conversation off topic. And from there, the door's wide open for yes, even geopolitics.

Personally, I have a hard time seeing why anybody would even comment on an unworthy thread. There are plenty 'round here that don't float my boat, so I do this crazy thing: I don't participate in them.

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis

Wow........looks like this thread has wondered off on its own..... :o

Has the kit gotten out to the stores yet? Anyone got a good look at it?

It is a gem or is it a turd?

No? That what I thought :rolleyes:

Heres a suggestion for a new way out in to off-topic land then: What happens if you put polarbears and penguins in the same pen? ;)

The polar bear, penguin thing would be a lot more fun than the politics here in the last 24 hours or so. Which reminds me. I wonder if the factory air conditioning system in a '57 Ford, which I believe they called Polar Aire, would keep either polar bears or penguins comfortable on a 90 degree (Fahrenheit) summer day? The factory installed system on '57 and '58 Fords used a series of vents on the dashboard along the edge of the windshield. I question how effective the system was with the state of art of air conditioners at the time, and the location of those vents. I also wonder how well that setup was for defrosting the windshield in the winter time? I have my doubts. At the same time, I wish Revell would offer the option of building their Ford Del Rio wagon with that setup.

Scott

I just wished "May all humans and religions be respected as one"

Obviously not.

[redacted as it's pointless]

EDIT: I left pics since they're cool, and on topic. As for any further holiday wishes, don't ask me.

1001sr_01_o%2B1957_ford_ranch_wagon%2Bpat2ec1979.jpgpost-376-0-97549500-1428033044_thumb.jpg

Edited by keyser

I'm sorry, the factory air conditioning system on a '57 Ford I'm thinking of was called SelectAire. Not PolarAire as I thought. There was a factory under dash unit available on the '59 and later Ford called PolarAire. It was a less expensive alternative to the SelectAire version also available.

Scott

... kits/manufacturers/religions/humans are/aren't better/worse/militant/passive/idiotic/hoofed/proportioned/chromed/heterochromic/annoyed.

Please have/go/don't go straight to Manna/Belgium/holidays/pound sand/biscuit/glue

Hail Hydra. Go get therapy/enema/diploma/suntan/head lice/ice cream ....

can you score me a bag of whatever you be smokin'?

I'm a German jew who just wished people happy Easter and holy passover. Room for all.

Obviously not.

All kits/manufacturers/religions/humans are/aren't better/worse/militant/passive/idiotic/hoofed/proportioned/chromed/heterochromic/annoyed.

Please have/go/don't go straight to Manna/Belgium/holidays/pound sand/biscuit/glue

Hail Hydra. Go get therapy/enema/diploma/suntan/head lice/ice cream

Something for everyone.

1001sr_01_o%2B1957_ford_ranch_wagon%2Bpat2ec1979.jpgattachicon.gifdelrio.jpg

Keyser, the thing is, you said all religions are the same, they are not. Yes there is room for all, and to wish all well is fine, but do not say as you did in your initial post they are the same, or that people even are the same, they are not, is just not right.

With that, back to the 57 Ford, which by all I have seen, looks just fine to me.

Keyser, the thing is, you said all religions are the same, they are not. Yes there is room for all, and to wish all well is fine, but do not say as you did in your initial post they are the same, or that people even are the same, they are not, is just not right.With that, back to the 57 Ford, which by all I have seen, looks just fine to me.

STOP! Enough already. This is a tread on Revell's '57 Del Rio Ranch Wagon. It's time to drop the political and/or religious stuff here.

Scott

Keyser, the thing is, you said all religions are the same, they are not. Yes there is room for all, and to wish all well is fine, but do not say as you did in your initial post they are the same, or that people even are the same, they are not, is just not right.

"May all humans and religions be respected as one"

[Post redacted for accuracy of quote]

Edited by keyser

STOP! Enough already. This is a tread on Revell's '57 Del Rio Ranch Wagon. It's time to drop the political and/or religious stuff here.

Scott

You could have fooled me. I suspect if you randomly choose one of the pages of this thread the possibility of finding any

Ranch wagon talk is about 3 in 10. Good moderation job!

The polar bear, penguin thing would be a lot more fun than the politics here in the last 24 hours or so. Which reminds me. I wonder if the factory air conditioning system in a '57 Ford, which I believe they called Polar Aire, would keep either polar bears or penguins comfortable on a 90 degree (Fahrenheit) summer day? The factory installed system on '57 and '58 Fords used a series of vents on the dashboard along the edge of the windshield. I question how effective the system was with the state of art of air conditioners at the time, and the location of those vents. I also wonder how well that setup was for defrosting the windshield in the winter time? I have my doubts. At the same time, I wish Revell would offer the option of building their Ford Del Rio wagon with that setup.

Scott

That might not work too bad. It would push what's possibly the warmest air in the interior around- that above the dashboard, pouring in and beating down relentlessly- as opposed to keeping kind of a hot air pocket slowly oozing around. I wonder why there are no vents on the package shelf to do the same...Then again, I could be wrong about that as I have absolutely no HVAC experience. But, I do know that the A/C in my Hyundai kicks in when the defroster is on to de-humidify the interior air a bit. That works well.

As it is, I am looking forward to this wagon- could make a nice fictitious Jr Stocker from the mid-late '60s.

As it is, I am looking forward to this wagon- could make a nice fictitious Jr Stocker from the mid-late '60s.

Oh yes. Both the Jr. Stock idea and a straight-axle gasser appeal to me, as well as a shop / tow vehicle for other race cars. Hmmm...that's 3 kits I need so far...

That might not work too bad. It would push what's possibly the warmest air in the interior around- that above the dashboard, pouring in and beating down relentlessly- as opposed to keeping kind of a hot air pocket slowly oozing around. I wonder why there are no vents on the package shelf to do the same...Then again, I could be wrong about that as I have absolutely no HVAC experience. But, I do know that the A/C in my Hyundai kicks in when the defroster is on to de-humidify the interior air a bit. That works well.

Yea, most modern A/C units operate in defroster mode to help defogger for windshield. A little different in the old days. At the same time I like your idea John about how the '57/'58 Ford setup would blow cool air into an area where heat should being build up. I too do not know enough about how A/C works to know if this system was effective or not. And did it work well enough to cool the wagons cargo area? In other words would the polar bears and penguins in the back be comfortable?

Scott