Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell Ford Del Rio Ranch Wagon 2'n'1

Matt T.

But thanks for your dismissal like all the other refuseniks.

Dismissal? Just looks to me like the posting of the pics from NNL East started up a duplication of the crapstorm of criticism that has already taken up several pages of this thread. Don't buy it, buy it and build it or buy it and fix it......

The green-and-white boxart car was built by a friend of mine. I saw it before he shipped it off to Revell. It looked good enough to me. Any station wagon kit is an exciting prospect and to have one of my favorite ones available in a kit is just plain incredible. The boxart car is also my favorite 57 Ford color combination. One of my uncles had a 57 Country Sedan in the green/white color combination.

Yep. People like Sledsel and others who've posted TONS of photos of 1:1 noting nothing has changed on test shot. I said pages ago let's see what changes, but this looks like same car from before.

Each person pointed out they're buying multiples anyway. But thanks for your dismissal like all the other refuseniks.

Guess we'll have to wait for final tool. I'm buying a few. How many for you?

They did address the bumper being too short. Looks like the added a score mark for the valance (although the shape is still incorrect)

The front fender body line is crisper, but still looks to bulge out towards the lip. At the bottom, the rocker line is way to pronounced at the bottom of the fender.

Rear quarter lower body line is longer but still looks to be merely a groove cut in the body.

The upper rear quarter line is still too short and the quarter looks flat still.

I will get one of these, and if the fixes are not too bad, maybe more than one. Personally, I'd rather be building than correcting.

I will gladly take a nice, near correct body over a full detailed chassis any day.

To some, good enough is enough, unfortunately, thats what we are given sometimes.

No, not really. On the 4dr sedans and wagons, the front door is 6" shorter front-to-B post than the doors on a 2dr sedan or wagon. Of course you would need to make a C-pillar too. It would not be a terribly difficult conversion though.

Art

Thanks for the info.

From the looks of it on pictures found on google it should not be to hard make this conversion.

Jimmy Flinstone resin body would be easier than doing the conversion.

The time i would use on trying to open up the molded in hood,i could probably have moved the post and

scribed new doorlines. These flintstone body`s often need lot of prep,the cast itself if decent,it`s all the

excessive resin i find time consuming removing.

The time i would use on trying to open up the molded in hood,i could probably have moved the post and

scribed new doorlines. These flintstone body`s often need lot of prep,the cast itself if decent,it`s all the

excessive resin i find time consuming removing.

Get a TKM kit and you will start to aprpeciate JF casting :D

Saw at East july 2015 also hear June and now Aug What is the real date???

It would be nice if Revell would keep it's customers up to date (like Moebius) they have several venues to choose from...

More inspiration. Maybe a typical family truckster. I can only imagine the in-car mayhem during this outing...

attachicon.gif11173377_782391965207435_964040108830829674_n.jpg

Good nostalgic shot there at least for me any way. That looks a lot like the one we had when I was a kid, Colonial White over Cumberland Green. Ours had T-Bird wheel covers on it and a white steering wheel. We even towed a boat similar to that. I'll be getting a few...even if it has a few flaws. Thanks.

Edited by FordRodnKustom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah I saw that on their website, and if it does get released this month I'll get one and put it on the "pile" as I already have enough kits that I'm workin' on right now. I've got kits that I bought a year ago still with the shrink wrap intact. While I enjoy the hobby very much, if ALL the model companies went "belly up" tonight it wouldn't faze me one bit.

At least with our Hobby Lobby, they Never get just released kits. It's usually a couple of months later after the release. If they get it at all !!

I'd expect that to be the plan. Ship the new kit to hobby shops, give them the exclusive for a few months, then ship to the discount outlets.

I'd expect that to be the plan. Ship the new kit to hobby shops, give them the exclusive for a few months, then ship to the discount outlets.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe HL and the other big chains buy closeouts and overruns. When a new kit is hot and selling, there's no overruns to sell them. That's also how they can sell them at 40%-50% off and still make money....