Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dear Revell, PLEASE tool up a...

'58 Ford Custom 300 for me. You already have the chassis/engine from your '57. Just tool up the body, interior, and chrome trim (of which there is not much. I do believe it would be a seller. Each time I try and bag one on eVIL Bay, the bidding gets intense. Then, follow up with Ranch wagon, and a Ranchero! And if you want to roll the dice one more time...A Sedan Delivery would be nice.

I promise I will purchase multiple copies of each.

Start off with the "Plain Jane"

ford%20usa%201958%20custom%20300%202dr%2

Then you could give me both of THESE.

I promise to buy multiple copies of all 3

1958-Ford-2-Door-Ranch-Wagon.jpg

1958-Ford-Ranchero-Original-2dr-Restored

Just give me the kits, and I will do the rest... :D

Thank You.

58_1.jpg58m-t.jpg

Man...somebody get the Chick off the car!

3a32b331084e66542ea1a628e69ae321.jpg

Someone get the car out from under the chick! Seriously, I would buy these kits oo. Also, a new tool 59 Ford series please.

Edited by midnightprowler

I, like others above would love to see Revell do '58 Fords. A '58 Custom 300 sedan (prefer a 4-door, but a 2-door would be okay too). A '58 Del Rio Ranch Wagon. And of course a '58 Ranchero.

Outside of '58 Fords, how about a early 70's Capri. One setup to build as a European or US spec model. For the US version, set it up as a 1972. The first year the Capri was offered in this country with a V-6. And the last year with the small tucked in bumpers. Another one Revell should consider is a US spec '71 or '72 Toyota Celica. And how about a '67 left-hand drive Toyota 2000 GT?

In trucks, I'd love to see them tool up a '69 or '70 (though '67, '68, '71, or '72 would be okay too) Chevrolet Suburban and panel truck. While we're at it, a Corvair 85, especially a Ramside, would be cool. And so would a 1st generation Econline pickup and/or Club Wagon.

Scott

MMMMMMM.. let's see... oh - I have one - how about just reissuing your 1981 Camaro Z28 convertible???? And yeah - that idea of a '58 Ford or several variations would be almost as cool! Why can't you guys just tool different body shells to fit the same chassis ( and engines, at least some interior parts, glass, etc ) like the '58 Ford wagon and the '58 Ranchero? Double the sales ( or more ) with minimal costs and retooling... hellooooooo???? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::)

since we have the raw material to do so many TV themed cars, and i hate to have empty spots for my favorite detectives, how about Columbo's Peugeot convertible?

how about a reboot of the Heller Citroen 15? made out of something more durable than wet tissue paper? a BMW 2002? Lotus Cortina?

i'm really surprised nobody has done the box Crown Vic or even a Wagon Queen Family Truckster. Men In Black fans would LOVE to do an "old and busted" black wrapper CV...... and Ford kept styling changes to a minimum for the most part.

Bill, the 292 Y Block was available through 1962 in the full size Fords and up to 1964 in the F100 pickups. Revell could do a 58 through 62 Ford the least expensive way by using the existing 57 Ford engine.

It appears the 312 Y block engine was dropped for 58 with the next size up from the 292 being the 332 FE.

And yes, I would buy several 58 Ford Custom 2 door sedans and at least one each of a Ranchero and wagon!!!

Edited by VW93