Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 Plymouth Satellite Rebuild

mrmike

Thanks guys!

On the stripping is that flat black or semi flat black?

The stripes were made with Tamiya TS-6 Matt Black.

The only big difference between the Satellite and GTX (besides the GTX emblems and the GTX on the grill), is the hood. If someone mad a copy of the hood, I'd buy a dozen of them!

I believe that one of the resin casters out there does make the Satellite hood, but I don't remember who that caster is or what scale the hood is produced in.

I clearcoated the body and decaled the hood and clearcoated it, too.

71Satellite19.jpg

71Satellite20.jpg

The chassis is in-process. This is just a mockup with the front and rear suspensions.

71Satellite21.jpg

More Mopar to come...

Man Mike! I hope I do as good a job on my re-build of my Challenger as you're doing here. Good going man.

Your Challenger is shaping up pretty well! Keep it going!

Last night I did a mockup of the interior, chassis, body, and the hood and found that the engine sat too high in the chassis. This morning, I ripped out the engine from the chassis and modified the engine and transmission mounts and got the engine as low as I could get it.

71Satellite22.jpg

I added the wheel adapters to the MRC Cragars and will paint the adapters semigloss black.

71Satellite23.jpg

After polishing the body and hood last night, I added a wet coat of Testors Clear Gloss Lacquer this afternoon.

71Satellite24.jpg

More Mopar to come...