Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New C6 Vette finished

13 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

DSCN4889-vi.jpg

This is Anna Astadyfer's new Vette. Actually, it's a very low mileage '05 that was fully detailed for her.

DSCN4880-vi.jpg

It looks a lot like the Revell model kit Corvette painted in Duplicolor MetalSpecks orange, which looks real close to Daytona Sunburst. Anna didn't want aftermarket wheels. She wanted the original polished aluminum rims.

DSCN4886-vi.jpg

Engine is stock, right down to the coolant in the reservior and the oil dipstick.

DSCN4884-vi.jpg

DSCN4887-vi.jpg

The detail shop gave Anna a model kit, but everyone knows that girls don't build model cars!

Posted · Report post

:shock:

Posted · Report post

Very Nice Lyle!

Did the kit give you any peculiar troubles? I've heard in the past that certain build sequences can be troublesome. :shock:

Posted · Report post

Nice job Lyle. To elaborate on Bill's question, any trouble fitting the hood flush with the body? That seems to be something I have noticed on some of them.

Posted · Report post

Nice build!!

Posted · Report post

Nice build Lyle!

I Love to see more and more C6 built....

Thanks,

Posted · Report post

Another question, Lyle ... did that MetalSpecks paint require any kind of a special base coat? Been wanting to try it.

I found that the metalspecks line works best with white primer... It really picks up whatever color is underneath.

Posted · Report post

Looks great Lyle 8)

Posted · Report post

W :shock: W! I love that color man! Great job!

Posted · Report post

Thanks guys.

The kit is excellent, in my opinion. Everything fits exactly as it should. I had no trouble with the hood at all. I glued the hinges to the bottom of the hood and let them dry thoroughly, then just held the hood flush, in it's down postion and trapped the hinges with the ,,,uh,,,,hinge holder thingie.

The Metalspecks paint was applied over Duplicolor Sandable Primer, which I use on EVERY model, regardless of what brand paint I'm using. On the "new" Revell plastic, I very lightly dust on the primer, several times, then lightly sand the body. I find no crazing after that.

This model then got a base coat of Duplicolor metallic silver, then the Metalspecks orange.

I actually bought this paint as a cool street rod color, but after testing it on a scap body, it looked very close to the Corvette color, although the specks are kind of overwhelming in direct sunlight.

Thanks again for the nice comments. Anna appreciates them too.

Posted · Report post

Nicely done, Mr. W!

It must be too early or something...it took me a minute or two before I figured out Anna's last name. Finally this thing :idea: went on.

Posted · Report post

It must be too early or something...it took me a minute or two before I figured out Anna's last name. Finally this thing :idea: went on.

<psssst!> I hear it's fake....plastic implants. I-Thank-You.gif

Posted · Report post

Nice vette Lyle! I just talked to my brother today he just bought a 2000 vette coupe black on black 6 speed (same body as early Z06)