Model Cars Magazine Forum

under glass

gnygren

So what's a "truck"?

Are El Caminos and Rancheros "trucks"? How about 29 A roadster pickups, 34 Ford pickups, or Fad Ts with short truck beds? These are all street rods to me.

Model "truck" to me means semis, firetrucks, commercial haulers, commercial-use or beater pickups, and so forth. Am I wrong?

It's not a right or wrong issue, Sean, just a difference of opinion. Those are all trucks to me. If it has a bed and is designed to haul things in the bed, I consider it a truck. Subarau B.R.A.T.s, Honda Ridgelines, El Caminos/El Caballeros/Sprints, etc.-- all trucks. We/I have to make a distinction at some point, and I consider them Trucks for the sake of categorizing them here. If we allowed for every different opinion, we'd have thousands of categories just for the different vehicles each of us consider to be trucks. We have to decide how each model best fits the categories which exist, and that won't always be perfectly clear what the distinction is. Even if it was, we'd have people who disagree with the decision, just like you and I disagree what a pickup is.

As long as people continue to share what they're building, where it's posted will always come second in terms of importance. We want the forum to be easy to use and organized, so we're trying to figure out the best way to do that and to satisfy the majority-- not all-- of the members here.

So what's a "truck"?

Are El Caminos and Rancheros "trucks"? How about 29 A roadster pickups, 34 Ford pickups, or Fad Ts with short truck beds? These are all street rods to me.

Model "truck" to me means semis, firetrucks, commercial haulers, commercial-use or beater pickups, and so forth. Am I wrong?

Is this a "truck" or a normal "Under Glass" street cruiser?

GMTruck1.jpg

GMTruck2.jpg

Its so annoying i dont bother with posting half the stuff i work on except cars and the occasional resin post

That GMC is a truck... obviously, I don't understand why it's so difficult for people to grasp the concept. And if your topic gets moved to a different section, so what? What is it hurting? Adding more sections only makes things more cluttered and confusing and merging areas is only going to make people upset. No matter what they do, somebody is going to upset with the change so everybody might as well accept the way it is and follow the rules.

Also, not sure why people don't realize the "Truck" section is split into "Big Rigs" for semis and commercial, and "Pickups, Vans, SUVs, Light Commercial", pretty self explanatory.