Model Cars Magazine Forum

Favorite Obscure or Discovered Music Album

afx

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2017 at 5:29 PM, JollySipper said:

I've been listening to this a lot lately, especially Bullet, Psychobilly Freakout, and D for Dangerous......

album_cover.thumb.jpg.8d329fc4f96b045b7d

It's also out by the same record label that released Nirvana's first album...........

Reverend Horton Heat is fun.

Many of these bands have been around awhile but the past year or two I've buying a lot more retro swing and rockabilly, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Brian Setzer Orchestra, Squirrel Nut Zippers, The Blasters, Cherry Poppin Daddies, Crown Royal Review.

This is one of my favorites from Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

Some of the electro swing that leans more swing and less techno is pretty good too      

Alice Francis

So as you've probably seen in the other thread, Dolores O'Riordan from The Cranberries died last week. She was in London to work on a cover of Zombie by the band Bad Wolves. Bad Wolves are made up of members from some other bands, like Devildriver and God Forbid.

Anyway, they invited Dolores down to give her two cents and possibly contribute. She was totally into it, hence coming to London. And of course, she never made it to the studio.

Bad Wolves had already finished it, and instead of scrapping it, they released it as a tribute.

I like their take on it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2018 at 2:36 PM, iamsuperdan said:

Heard this today. Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit...transposed into a major key instead of it's original minor key. I actually really like this!

This video has been removed. Do you know the name of the band so I can try to find it again somewhere else? 

• 2 months later...

JC, you've probably heard of this album...... It's by a guy called Eenor...... he played with Les Claypool on the Frog Brigade tour. The best song on this album has to be "Resistance", but the whole album is pretty decent..........

5ad2a1d78ac87_eenoralbum.jpg.b83dc9cb56e8bf0c12c01be5bdc6d1dc.jpg

It's called "Monkey to Monkey"

1 hour ago, JollySipper said:

JC, you've probably heard of this album...... It's by a guy called Eenor...... he played with Les Claypool on the Frog Brigade tour. The best song on this album has to be "Resistance", but the whole album is pretty decent..........

5ad2a1d78ac87_eenoralbum.jpg.b83dc9cb56e8bf0c12c01be5bdc6d1dc.jpg

It's called "Monkey to Monkey"

I had not heard of this band or this album. Thanks TJ.  Would love to track down a copy of Frog Brigade - Live Frogs Set #2.  It's a cover of the entire Pink Floyd Animals album.

Edited by afx