Model Cars Magazine Forum

Favorite Obscure or Discovered Music Album

afx

Clearly based on Pink Floyd's Another Brick in The Wall (Part 1) guitar riff.  I think there is a Lisa Gerrard (Dead Can Dance) sample in there as well. An enjoyable voyage.

Edited by afx
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not really obscure or discovered, but this is a new favourite. Was just released yesterday!

Mammoth WVH - aka Wolfgang Van Halen - aka Eddie's kid.

He played all of the instruments and did all of the vocals himself. 

Excellent song, touching video.

I like that he's not trying to sound like Van Halen.

I discovered this guy on youtube a couple of weeks ago. He does metal covers of popular hit songs. He also plays every single instrument and produces the videos. A very talented guy. I believe he lives in Norway. I love his videos as he injects a little humor into them. 

I had heard of these guys a while back, but didn't really give them a listen until I heard them mentioned in a Cracker song..... They're called Tea Leaf Green, They are a jam band. They sound a lot like moe. to me...... This is "Hot Dog"......... The first half of the song has some sillyness, but that's typical of most jam bands....

Edited by JollySipper

I skipped out the office on my 30th birthday to see David Lowery and Johnny Hickman of Cracker play a few songs in a record shop near the University of Maryland.  It was a present to myself.

Edited by afx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This one is from the soundtrack to the anime show called "Cowboy Bebop"...... The band is called the Seatbelts, the song is "Bad Dog No Biscuits". It starts off as kind of a free-form jazz number, then turns into a ska song, then it kinda falls apart toward the end..... I like it!

• 2 weeks later...

Question for mods: I thought I posted a post here a couple days ago. It's not here now. Did I just forget to hit the Submit button (as I do about twice a week), or was it deleted? Asking before I post it again. 

Edited by Snake45

You guys should check out a band called Kanoo (I guess it's pronounced "canoe") on your music streaming services. It's instrumental prog rock. They have several single albums with usually three songs on them. They also do a cover of Nirvana's "Heart Shaped Box" that is really good. Sorry I can't find anything on youtube of them......

On 2/14/2021 at 7:16 AM, Snake45 said:

Question for mods: I thought I posted a post here a couple days ago. It's not here now. Did I just forget to hit the Submit button (as I do about twice a week), or was it deleted? Asking before I post it again. 

Post again! Haven't seen anything in this thread from you for a while, and there's nothing deleted or hidden or anything.

20 hours ago, JollySipper said:

You guys should check out a band called Kanoo (I guess it's pronounced "canoe") on your music streaming services. It's instrumental prog rock. They have several single albums with usually three songs on them. They also do a cover of Nirvana's "Heart Shaped Box" that is really good. Sorry I can't find anything on youtube of them......

https://www.facebook.com/Kanoomusic/