Model Cars Magazine Forum

What non-auto model did you get today?

In the last few days, I got the Polar Lights pre-decorated 1/1000 scale Star Trek Enterprise and Klingon D7 Battle Cruiser kits. Detail is very good on both. And it's sometimes nice to build a model you don't have to paint or apply decals. Even though they are both snap kits, I did glue them together.

• 3 weeks later...

You know there are Pre-Painted Car kits? 

revell_badman2-boxtop_zpsiavtl0as.jpg

_1%204_zpslvbuf6la.jpg

012.113123254_std_zpsvxezxaft.jpg

I didn't see this posting until today. I assume since you post the same day as mine on the predecorated Star Trek models it was aimed towards me. I've build a few predecorated cars models over the years Greg. I especially like the ProShop and CustomShop ones that Ertl put out about 10 - 15 years ago. Basically tryed to buy every one. I also liked the Polar Lights '64 GTO, '65 Coronet and '05 Ford GT. I wish more kits were done in this manner. I don't mind painting. But, at times it's nice not to have to.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This was actually from last Saturday after I took my granddaughter out for lunch and then to Hobby Lobby. Used my 40% coupon on my phone so in the end it was only $17 and change.IMAG0819_zpssbsgms2b.jpg

I love the box art above. Very, very cool! But, I need to bring this up again. Writing in script form here is very hard to read using certain devices to view it. I do most my viewing of things here on my IPad. For some reason script is hard to read on an IPad. Others have indicated they have found the same problem. Script looks pretty. But, most time I skip over reading posts with it because it's such a pain. I have no problems see any other forms of writing here. So if you want to share your ideas with me and others, please avoid using script.

Sometimes with DML you're better off just building it without using the instructions.

G

Unfortunately, that may well be true. I have the 1:35 sFH 18 underway, and the instructions have you place things all over the place that are incorrect, as well as misnumbering parts.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Snagged three restorable Revell "Big Boy" HO scale locomotives. Cheap. The builder had some interesting ideas about paint, but thankfully my gamble paid off and most of the odd coloring dissolved with hot water, while the remainder is coming off quite nicely with oven-cleaner. No excessive glue, so two of these will make nice display models in a "scrap line" setting, while the third will become a "freelanced" what-if coal-fired steam-turbine-electric for an alternate-reality layout.

Image result for revell big boy locomotive

big%20boy%20models2_zps0yhgcoc7.jpg

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I got a big package of cheap poster board, 3M spray glue and some new #11 blades. 

I am building structures for my O scale 1/48 model railroad. 

Last completion......printed paper over poster board......'kit' by Clever Models.....

Good looking model. I envy you having the space to work in O. That would be my scale-of-choice, but I barely have room to run a single HO switcher back and forth on one piece of flex-track.   :)

I'm a big fan of the 1/32 and 1/24 scale aircraft models you show above too. I've got a couple of 1/24 kits to get back to, and a 1/32 Spit done up as the baby-blue prototype that I'd like to build some friends for.

Me too. I've accumulated a startling amount of stuff in the last year or two, despite my attempts to severely limit my purchases.

I got a big package of cheap poster board, 3M spray glue and some new #11 blades. 

I am building structures for my O scale 1/48 model railroad. 

Last completion......printed paper over poster board......'kit' by Clever Models.....

Real nice. Model railroading is something that always fascinated me, but I absolutely don't have the space for it now, and probably never will.

One more that I'd forgotten about, the funky anime boxing of the Hasegawa 1:32 N1K2 George. Same great basic kit, but I'll have to source decals elsewhere, as I certainly won't be doing this weird version. This, the Skyraider and the Typhoon above, were review samples sent to me.