Model Cars Magazine Forum

What non-auto model did you get today?

7 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I've been trying to encourage you, but I'll back off. If you want to die with dozens of boxes of half-built projects for your estate executors to send to the dump, that's your bidness, and I'll respect it. Snake out. B)

7 hours ago, Snake45 said:

To me, it's more like going to the trouble of getting the phone numbers of all the hottest women in town, and then never calling any of them. :unsure:B):lol:

I want to know how the eff it's your place to try to tell me when to build, criticize my lack of finishing things, and make asinine references to ANY other aspects of my life? 

We have a compact on this site: NO PERSONAL REMARKS.  I'm getting sick of it being your constant running joke that I don't finish models.

Think about it. 

Whether or not I ever finish a model is none of your concern, unless you've changed your name to Karen.

I'm not going to complain to the mods, because I'm not a little crybaby.

But one more time... BACK OFF.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

The box art alone is almost worth its price!  Just got the Kitty Hawk 1/48 scale XF5U-1 "Flying Flapjack."  Along with its general cool and Weirdness Factor, the Flapjack inspired "flying saucer" reports in the 1940's, when people saw it flying around near the Chance-Vought factory in Stratford, CT.

This is the first "mainstream" plastic kit of a Flapjack in 1/48.  Special Hobby and Sword did 1/48 short-run plastic kits of its little brother, the experimental V-173 "Flying Pancake." The Sword version had a resin cockpit. Planet Models did a 1/32 full resin kit of the XF5U-1 that was big, heavy and VERY expensive.

flapjack.jpg

Edited by Mike999
goof

4 minutes ago, Mike999 said:

The box art alone is almost worth its price!  Just got the Kitty Hawk 1/48 scale XF5U-1 "Flying Flapjack."  Along with its general cool and Weirdness Factor, the Flapjack inspired "flying saucer" reports in the 1940's, when people saw it flying around near the Chance-Vought factory in Stratford, CT.

This is the first "mainstream" plastic kit of a Flapjack in 1/48.  Special Hobby and Sword did 1/48 short-run plastic kits of its little brother, the experimental V-173 "Flying Pancake." The Sword version had a resin cockpit. Planet Models did a 1/32 full resin kit of the XF5U-1 that was big, heavy and VERY expensive.

flapjack.jpg

Wow I'm from Stratford ct and have never heard of this.  Interesting 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, cobraman said:

After they are built is there a way to view the interior details ?  I think I did some tank kits years ago that had interiors but after they were done you could not see much. I want to say they were 1/48 bandai kits ???

I built a few of those Bandai in the 70's. They were neat kits and I still have 2 or 3 in my stash I've been carrying around since then.

Sprue Brothers put this one on sale last week and suckered me right in, as usual.  This is the AFV Club 1/35 scale Vietnam M54 gun truck "King Cobra," with the hull of an M113 armored personnel carrier sitting in the bed.  The M54 and M113 are both great AFV Club kits, and this one adds parts like the turnbuckles used to secure the M113 and those great cobra decals.

afv35323.jpg

On 10/8/2020 at 10:07 AM, SfanGoch said:

Forgot to post a pic of the Rye Field Model Sturmtiger w/interior

Sturmmörser Tiger, Rye Field Model RM-5012 (2018)

All four are excellent kits, Ray. After years of building empty shells, all of the new kits with full interiors are a breath of fresh air. :)

I’ve had my eye on this one since it was first released. Updates please??? I’ve been pestering the wife for this kit for Christmas. 

On 10/9/2020 at 2:15 PM, Mike999 said:

...This is the AFV Club 1/35 scale Vietnam M54 gun truck "King Cobra," with the hull of an M113 armored personnel carrier sitting in the bed.  

Thanks for the heads up on this. I've been wanting do do one for years, as I kinda fell in love with gun trucks a few decades back. If I remember correctly, with the American withdrawal from Vietnam, almost all of the gun trucks were dismantled and returned to life as transport vehicles. Only one I know of, Eve of Destruction, was shipped back to the States intact...and it wasn't built with the 113 hull in the bed.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Heads up!  This weekend, Sprue Brothers has a 20% off sale on all MENG products.  Details from their website and link:

Weekend Special - Additional 20% Off All Meng Items
From now until 11:59pm US Central Time Sunday October 18, 2020 receive an additional 20% Off All Meng Model items! 

No coupon required - just add to cart and discount will be automatically applied (note - to see the discount, you have to go to the cart page [click on the cart symbol on the upper right side of your screen]). Discount applies only to online orders placed during the discount period, and to in stock items. 

http://www.spruebrothers.com/