[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

What non-auto model did you get today?

I really like that Grim Reaper, and have to go find one now!

Along with a few other things in the mail today, I got a Sea Monster.  The Russian PTS-M (PTS-10) Medium Amphibious Vehicle.  I've wanted a model of this vehicle for years, since I saw the real thing in Egypt.  It's made by Miniman Factory in 1/35 scale but is still BIG.  Resin and photo-etch, with metal tracks custom-made by Friulmodel just for this kit.  Unlike most Russian vehicles, the PTS-M didn't recycle tank tracks from a T-55 or T-72.  It had its own unique treads.

The original price of the kit was in Nosebleed Territory. It recently came down some, and I got this one at a further 40% off. Of course, since I bought it, any day now Trumpeter or MENG will come out with a plastic kit at an even lower price...

On 12/29/2017 at 10:28 PM, Snake45 said:

I've heard that's a nice kit, from some people whose opinion I value. Will have to get one. 

Lessee, I've got 1/48 P-51Ds from Hawk, Monogram, Revell, Bandai, Nichimo, Tamiya, ICM, Hasegawa and I'd swear at least one or two more. Guess I can make room on the shelf for an Airfix. 

Speaking of Mustangs, I received this as a gift at Christmas.

01 02 18 001.jpg

Edited by Roadrunner

Saw a reference to this kit (which I didn't know existed) on another thread, and just had to have one.   Image result for 1/24 de Havilland Beaver

1/24 de Havilland Beaver. Originally made as a promo display model for Canadian Mist, apparently, and quite simple, but well proportioned, with a ton of potential.

Image result for 1/24 de Havilland Beaver

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Cool score, Ace. I might have to get one of these. I fell in love with big radial high-wing floatplanes as a kid watching Clutch Cargo. Clutch's normal ride was a Bellanca Airbus/Aircruiser, but in a few episodes he had a Noorduyn Norseman. Over the years I've collected a 1/48 Lockheed Vega on floats, 1/48 Beaver, 1/72 Beaver on floats, and 1/72 Norseman with floats (and wheels), but still have to build any of them.