Model Cars Magazine Forum

Question Concerning Value Of A Kit!

Gents...

First, I am 'New' to your Model Cars Board and it looks like a GREAT place to hang out! I have a question concerning a 'value' of a 'kit' that I

picked up about a year ago. Its a (Pro-Stock Series)MPC-General Mills-1970 Camaro/Bill Jenkins (Grumpy Toy Race Day) in unsealed wrapping

and on a scale of 1-10...a '9' in overall condition. I have had a few moddlers on another diecast site give me an approximate$$$, but I felt that

you guys would be more up-to-date I am sure. Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated!

Jeff

Hi Jeff, and welcome to the Model Cars Magazine Forum.

Sorry but your kit is only worth about $2.99, But in a gesture of good faith to a new member, I will send you $8.00 for the kit, to take it off your hands :lol::blink:

But seriously that kit is probably worth a nice sum. Just an off the wall guess I'd say $50.00. If it were still sealed in plastic

it could be as much as $90.00- $100.00 and up. I'm not an expert, but I have seen the prices on ebay. And it is usually what someone is willing to pay for vintage plastic.

Others might have a more accurate estimate.

Ron.

Gents (Ron & Len)

Thanks for the information. I have no wish to sell this kit for it fits in with my 'huge' Jenkins collection. The reason for asking is that I daily watch

Ebay and had yet to see this kit, hence, questioning how 'rare' it might be. Well...maybe in another 20 years it will fund my continued diecast

collecting...NOT! :lol:

Again...Thank You!

Jeff

HEH, I'll give you ten bucks and a free subscription to MCM!!!!!

:-)

I agree with the boys, about $125 or so, depending on who wants it, and how long it hasn't been on Evil Bay, I mean eBay (can I get sued for that?)....

Now, post some pics of your Grumpy collection.

We want to drool!!!!

Good that you don't want to sell the kit. that tells me you value the collection more than the money.

I have about 250 unbuilt kits in my collection, I don't think I could sell a single one, because I value my collection.

I also collect Hot Wheels cars and would not have a problem selling them, because I would use the money for more model kits. I'm infected with styrene hording disease. ;)

Cheers,

Ron