Model Cars Magazine Forum

70 camaro, little different

exesivefire

saw this one on the net, and knew I had to use it for inspiration. wont be an exactl replica, I just liked the different twist on your normal Camaro.

334538994f053d02df4f6e03e30f97d3_zps7c47

Mooneyes-Street-Car-Nationals-14-53_zps1

started by making lowered spindles and narrowing the rear a bit to mount the Pegasus wheels I got.

DSC09989_zpsaa3d1eaa.jpg

initial stance, I think this could work well, the rear will probably come up a tad.

DSC09987_zps38f5c8c9.jpg

unnamed_zpsc458c3f1.jpg

Just going for a quicker clean build on this one. Taking a break after finishing the Mustang.

Thanks for looking

Ok I'm sorry, but that is just wrong! Now I can appreciate a good lowrider as much as anyone, But dude that is a split bumper camaro. I think you're off to a great start. I'm just glad it's a model and not a real car this time, ha ha. Please tell me your hydro it.

I kinda like that. It's different that's for sure. I like that the tires are normal diameter, sometimes lowriders have ridiculous small tires. I also like that it's not another red Camaro with side pipes and slapper bars. Cool to see something different sometimes. Are you going metallic brown?

Where in Japan is this ?

There were a couple of '70-'73 Camaros in the area when I was young ; and other than the Daytons (not really a fan of those wheels) , this car represents the customs I'd see on West Whittier Blvd !

Very , very cool !

I can't wait to see how your replica is going to *compare* :)

Cool - I remember reading that article on line a while back and thinking that someone should give a try at recreating this car in scale form. The style is foro sure not for everyone, I but I like it.

The paintwork will be a challenge (at least for me), but would look awesome if you can pull it off.

Keep up the good work - I'll be followign this one!

I kinda like that. It's different that's for sure. I like that the tires are normal diameter, sometimes lowriders have ridiculous small tires. I also like that it's not another red Camaro with side pipes and slapper bars. Cool to see something different sometimes. Are you going metallic brown?

yeah Id really like to use the tires from those and the wire wheels.. But the wires are staying for sure.

Started on the body work now, filling holes, sink marks and started working on the headlight area, there is way to much material there, so Im working on the taper for the headlight ring by enlarging that area a bit.

DSC09997_zps58870905.jpg

DSC00002_zpse012f700.jpg

DSC00004_zps0035ec50.jpg