Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge Challenger Hellcat 1/25th

Different horses for different courses... Seeing as I'm a Mopar fan, old or new, I'd buy a crate of them! The Hellcat Charger too!

Ditto, although if I were somehow in a position to buy a 1:1, it would be the Charger.......or a 300 if they did one :D

Edited by Joe Handley

I would certainly be interested, and would buy one or more if it were full detail. I've had a look at the pre-painted kits and am not impressed as its like working on a jigsaw puzzle. Those kits may be good for novice builders or young kids, yet for me, I prefer the challenge! (No pun intended)

Cheers Misha

Ditto, although if I were somehow in a position to buy a 1:1, it would be the Charger.......or a 300 if they did one :D

I'd get either the Charger or Challenger, if they were sold here in Aus' ?? The 300C is but I've heard it's going to be dropped from the line up here & replaced by the Charger ?? On another note, while on my morning jog up to the beach this morning I was stopped in my tracks by an 2010 SRT Challenger... Licence plate SRT426!! First one I've ever seen here in Australia ( Newcastle NSW ) up close & personal!! I want the Hellcat!!

Actually I'll be surprised if one doesn't show up shortly after the new year.

fiatChrysler expected to sell a few hundred for the model year, but 5,000 have been sold, in the first month, and production is backed up through the end of December.

Was concidering one, but I want it this year, so I might get another V-6.

... does anyone know of any aftermarket people who offer modern blowers, etc?

The Hellcat blower is not directly visible in the engine bay. Though made by Japan's IHI, the installation is visually unique to the Hellcat.

2015-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat-engine

Not terribly hard to scratchbuild something that looks like this, and to do the other visible mods to make a passable model.

PS. One of our clients took a ride in one a few days ago with a factory rep. Word is that it's really more like 735HP. Impressive.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

The Hellcat blower is not directly visible in the engine bay. Though made by Japan's IHI, the installation is visually unique to the Hellcat.

2015-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat-engine

Not terribly hard to scratchbuild something that looks like this, and to do the other visible mods to make a passable model.

PS. One of our clients took a ride in one a few days ago with a factory rep. Word is that it's really more like 735HP. Impressive.

You're right, it probably wouldn't be too hard to scratchbuild, but I'm getting to the point where the lazy man's way out looks better and better. So many "projects" underway, so many kits on the shelves and so many waiting to be bought... I appreciate being able to fabricate stuff but there are times when I would just like to paint something and glue it to something else to look nice.