Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Dodge Dart Hemi.

Yo Jutt

Well tonight was a good night!! Shot some paint on the body. Not the final coat, would like to get a couple more on at least. Finished the motor aside from painting the oil filter. Lol you always notice something in the pictures after you think your done for the night... Anyway put a few logo decals on the hood and painted the wheels black. I was then itching to see what the car was going to look like so I did a dry fit to see everything together (that's why the wheels look wonky). Here are a few pics hope you enjoy. And again thanks for looking!!

post-14733-0-57829300-1419407670_thumb.j

post-14733-0-66132100-1419407684_thumb.j

post-14733-0-77225800-1419407699_thumb.j

post-14733-0-85855100-1419407720_thumb.j

post-14733-0-24068500-1419407735_thumb.j

Haha thanks anyway. I might just leave them chrome with a black wash or black as I plan on painting the car gun metal

Justin, I have used a model master gun metal on those spokes. I have also spayed semi gloss or flat black in a paint lid and brushed the spokes. You can do the same if you want to use grey primer. It works for me. Engine looks great. You doing some fine work....

Thanks for the tip!! That's really good to know. I was actually debating wether or not I should have used gun metal over the black... But I think I'll leave them the way they are I'm real happy with how everything looks and again thanks for lookin and thanks for the kind words. Hope you all have a merry Christmas. If anyone has travel plans travel safe!!

I like the engine but the parted in the middle plug wires kill it for me and most likely any judge. It takes less than 5 seconds to find the correct firing order and add realism. Like this72BAB8A1-7B8B-45AE-B158-BBFDE3FF302F_zps

If you don't mind post a link to help a fella find the right firing order to help him add realism. Thanks for lookin!

I think no matter how I did the wiring it would have turned out looking like this. I didn't drill out the distributer like some ppl choose to do. I just slipped the wires through a very small straw and painted it gold. Maybe one day I'll try to drill out the distributer.

Here you go. It's an easy search for any engine. Don't get me wrong, your hemi turned out sweetA9AE9673-7D9C-4A29-B819-0A0C9D824123_zps

Thanks!! I'll save this one in the ole iPad here!! And hope you don't think I meant any offence at all! It's just something I never really thought about.

Looks very nice and quite a clean build. A small suggestion for your next project if you'll indulge me. Your return springs are a bit on the large side. Keeping everything in scale against each other will go a long way towards giving you a more realistic look.

• 2 weeks later...

Well back at it after the holidays.. Got a little done tonight. I would have put in the drive shaft but.... The stupid thing fell under the bench. Decided to look for it after I calmed down in the morning. Anyway if I can't find it no big deal lol that's why I have a parts box!! Anyway thanks for looking and thanks for all tips and help along the way!! And again thanks for lookin!!

post-14733-0-99640300-1420528731_thumb.j

Well back at it after the holidays.. Got a little done tonight. I would have put in the drive shaft but.... The stupid thing fell under the bench. Decided to look for it after I calmed down in the morning. Anyway if I can't find it no big deal lol that's why I have a parts box!! Anyway thanks for looking and thanks for all tips and help along the way!! And again thanks for lookin!!

Man I hate that Justin! If your luck is like mine you'll find it two builds down the line. lol . Lookin' good here BTW.