Model Cars Magazine Forum

'69 Ford F-100 Short Bed Pickup

Here is my finished prototype build of the upcoming Model King/Moebius '69 Ford F-100 short bed. I say it's a prototype because it was built from a 2nd round test shot. After review, Moebius decided it needed further adjustment to make it more accurate before production starts. (Probably in early 2015.) I don't think these photos have been posted before. I had originally built this model with chrome bumpers and grill, but I recently stripped the chrome and repainted them white to represent the base model trim level. You'll also notice that the glass tooling had not recieved a final polish on the tooling yet, so the windows in my example are a little hazy. Also, some of these photos were used on the box, so I photoshopped in the license plates, cab emblems and tailgate lettering (which all will be included on the decal sheet) on those pics. You can see more pics on my website.

http://www.svensworldofwheels.com/69_ford_f100_Pickup_page.html

moebius_69_ford_f100.jpg

model_king_1969_ford_f100_pickup.jpg69_ford_f100_pickup_short_bed.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

This is absolutely a must have kit. I can see two of these coming my way when they're available. Factory Stock version and then a true Red Neck Pickup will be built here. Yours is a great inspiration and the kit looks really good. Excellent paint and assembly. I can see nothing wrong with it, so this is an excellent build.