Model Cars Magazine Forum

Adventures in soldering:The GT40 project New pics 2/13/17

Randy D

So I was pondering about the fuel tank etc. and realized I didn't have a suitable cap for it. I remembered seeing one that knocked my socks off and of course, I found it here on Randy's build. (page 4 btw)  I had to look at virtually every page to find it, not complaining, it was actually a treat.  This thread proves that just about anything IS feasible when it comes to scratch-building.  I know Randy is working on several impressive builds at once with some "top secret" fabrication that will amaze everyone, but if I might impose Randy, would you find a wee bit of time for this one.  It's one of my personal favorites.   Cheers Sir! 

A really big thank you to all that have commented since the last update !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can not believe it has been over 6 months.   I will get back on this one this fall, have not lost any mojo just been a little busy.

Again,

Thank you for your interest !!!

Randy

• 1 year later...

amazing work really, and even more on a gt40..

Note if you are working on fujimi body of the 1969 gulf car, please fix the body shape, that in my opinion has some issues.

I build the very last gt40 produced (chassis 1083) and had to work a lot on all the body from fujimi:

Edited by LoveGT40

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...