Model Cars Magazine Forum

Adventures in soldering:The GT40 project New pics 2/13/17

Randy D

Yes, it is 2171 that is for sale. Will be replaced with a MK I. We have recently sold several MK Is that are done to early car specs and are working on the Borrani wire wheel option!

Let me know what you need, pictures, dimensions, etc. I have access to a couple of FAV cars as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, Photobucket issues with the second part of this update !!

I need the steering to function so the front wheels will be ' poseable' , along with the working shocks and suspension.

Using a smaller rod that slips thru the rack and heat shrink tubing to take the place of the knuckle joints . The 'boots' are rubber that will flex....

007_zpstdp2og0u.jpg

011_zpsh3tfvv22.jpg

019_zpslsx1yipg.jpg

017_zpsxbzbfgp6.jpg

025_zpsygqkentg.jpg

The hard lines are for brake and clutch that go between reservoir and master cylinder.

Thanks for looking in !!

Randy

Randy... I am super impressed with that steering rack. man that sure is nice. I may have to borrow your idea how you did it on my next build. I also hope you bring this to the DSC even if its not done I would love to see this incredible work in person. Every update just gets better.

Very nice!

I went down to my workbench and stared at my multiple projects underway (if you keep the bench full with incomplete stuff, it hides the fact that I almost NEVER finish anything) and bowed down shouting "We're not worthy!!!"

Heck, I fat finger stuff on the full size car!

More please Sir...................