Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Did You Get Today? (Not Model Related)

LOBBS

Found a good book on the history of my home town,which for the moment,I live in.Its from the (Then&Now) collection of books.I live in Smithtown,NY..There are  really odd pictures of what was there,40-50 years ago,and is now a shopping center...Cool reading though.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been searching for the lone color I didn't have in the case.  Even the on-line search was not proving fruitful but I stumbled onto a dealer last weekend who actually had two of them.  Paid a little more than the others but it filled the last slot.

2004 Ertl GTO.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2018 at 5:24 PM, smhardesty said:

I made the mistake of stopping in the local gun shop today. We all started talking guns and one of the guys mentioned the Taurus Spectrum. I wasn't at all familiar with that gun so they pulled one out of the case for me to check out. A couple of the guys there said they had bought one and both guys were really pleased with the gun. To make a long story short, I plunked the money down and bought one. They are available in a rainbow of colors, but mine is exactly what you see in the photo. I didn't think I wanted to carry a pink or purple one. :rolleyes:

I'll pick the gun up Saturday. They only had LRN ammo in stock, but are supposed to get a shipment of ammo in tomorrow. They'll have 4 or 5 different home defense, fragmenting types of ammo when I go in Saturday. I might decide to go with the RIP fragmenting round. I went ahead and bought a new, soft touch, concealed carry holster for this new gun. When the gun is in the holster it is extremely comfortable in the 3 o'clock position inside my waistband. It's a fairly slim gun and the holster is minimalistic so there is nearly no bulge at all.

While I quite like the .380, my all time favorite, is the Walther PPK/S.

Scored a pickup load of smallblock Chebby engine parts...blocks, heads, cranks, etc. Some of it low-performance scrap iron (though there's probably enough stuff to build a decent 305 to replace the one with the cracked block in the GMC), but some decent 350 stuff mixed in, including one 4-bolt main block that should clean up with a .020" bore. One complete TH-350 (unknown condition) too. Same guy had a pair of 351C small-port heads, just what I needed to finish up the junkyard-parts scrounge for a 351 Clevor Ford build.

Can't beat the price: $0.00.  B)

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

9 hours ago, Deuces said:

What are the casting numbers on that 350 block???

I don't know. The heads and pan were off and the pistons were out. Definitely a 4-bolt, and my calibrated fingernail in the bores says there's less than a .010" ridge, so I'm pretty sure she'll clean up at .020" over...if she crack-tests OK. If I get REAL lucky, one of the cranks will be a decent 307, the last big thing I need to build a junkyard-special big-journal 327. Already have a nice pair of double-hump heads.

• 2 weeks later...

No pictures, and not all today, but all this in the last 3 weeks or so.

All for my 79 Pinto.

Tubular lower control arms. I already have the uppers I bought at a swap meet a couple years ago. Both use screw in ball joints.

KYB gas a just shocks for the front. Car already has them, but they are over 20 years old. Figured might as well get new ones.

2  inch dropped spindles. I already have stock height new ones, so I can go either way. But want the 2 inch drop if at all possible.

Struts for the glass hatch. That thing is heavy to hold up.

Poly bushings for the rack and pinion mounts.

Waiting on-ordered but not yet received=

11 inch front disk brake kit that also converts to the 5x4.5 lug pattern.

Replacement stock Moog front coils.

Bunch of little stuff. The front suspension and brakes will be brand new when I am done. As well as the rear, but I am doing one end at a time.

Speedway and Summit and Rock Auto are loving me.

Got two swap meets coming up, one a monthly local one, and then the Goodguys one in mid November.

Working tons of overtime to pay for all this fun.

Thanks,

Russ

Edited by russosborne