Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Did You Get Today? (Not Model Related)

LOBBS

Decided to try K&N’s new face masks and ordered a new filter cleaner and oil kit since the one I gave may be around 2 decades old and the drop in I’ve got in my 200 needs a good cleaning!

001(4).HEIC

May order a second drop in and their washable HVAC filter for the 200 at some point too, need I need to replace the HVAC filter and a second drop in would give the current one time to dry before reinstalling it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/29/2020 at 8:33 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

We lost our feline friend of fifteen years, Lucy, almost a month ago.

Yesterday we brought home her predecessor Marcy.

1.4 pounds of piss and vinegar! :D

image.jpeg.82fc6688ed917702c7e5ccf619159bbd.jpeg

image.jpeg.a7e3da3116fda466bdf554fdec638ba3.jpeg

Congrats Steve and family, our family is huge pet lovers.  Always tough to lose a pet family member (we've certainly had our share over the years).  I showed the pictures to my wife and daughter and they loved them. ENJOY!!!

Steve

My Cousin is clearing out her mother's home (my Aunt) and I got Item's that were my Uncle Duane's today. Items include: High school Drafting class  book that has drawing that he did for classes, three US Buttons (US ARMY) Marksman cross (US Army) , A pair of his eye glasses, pocket knife, Graduation from basic training book from Ft Knox, His wedding photo of him with his bride, And the Folded US Flag that covered his casket. My Uncle died on January 9,1962  In an accident at FT .Hood Tx. He was one of five men killed that day. The troop transport truck hit a Tank which tore off one of the trucks fuel tanks. the Truck caught fire, and according to my late aunt he was sitting near where the fuel tank was. Four of the men killed that day died before help arrived , My Uncle lived long enough to tell them his name at the Hospital before he died from his burns from the accident. Duane was my Dad's  Brother. DUANE E HAINLINE 25 Yrs old..

Duanes death.png

Duanes death 2.png

Edited by ranma

• 3 weeks later...

I got a cupel ecoboost turbos that will likely be making there way on to a 22hp brigs v twin lawnmower this summer for attempt #3 at turbocharging a lawnmower. 

BF87DB09-50E6-47E6-AB89-62123FB080B5.jpeg.cd18d286e6f6bdd03b031c6bfc0ee1fc.jpeg

The two ecoboost turbos in front of a 12 valve cummins turbo. 

Edited by 426 pack

8 hours ago, espo said:

Question: Will you have enough exhaust pressure from the lawn mower engine to spin the Turbo ? 

Theoretically I should have enough back pressure to spin them on a 22hp twin if I delete the governor so it will be able to hit 7000 rpm. I have already had a single cylinder 11hp Briggs spin a slightly larger turbo but unfortunately before I could drive it it had a catastrophic backfire and the entire lawnmower burned down....

EEBA2C79-6CA0-4A84-8EE4-83701FAEC14C.jpeg

DB2C3E57-5294-42E5-873D-4608EDD50D9D.jpeg

11F10E8B-0A8C-4C37-B7EF-702B6E06F157.jpeg

Edited by 426 pack

This is a wild setup to say the least. To bad about you first mower getting burned down. I don't have a great depth of knowledge of turbo charging an engine only a very basic understanding and for the most part this would pertain to  OEM automotive applications so I may ask some questions that may seem odd to you. Looking at your exhaust system it would seem that you have some plumbing background but I can see also that this would make sense as this would support the Turbo. The connection of the Turbo outlet to the Carb. looks as though there is a slight kink in the 90 degree bend in the hose. Do you think this is even an issue ? I don't know about the angle that the Turbo needs to be set at. Is it even something where you could rotate the Turbo a little to  make a more direct connection between the Turbo and the Carb. ? I think what you're doing is interesting. The next step maybe a Motorcycle engine ?   

13 hours ago, espo said:

I may ask some questions that may seem odd to you. Looking at your exhaust system it would seem that you have some plumbing background but I can see also that this would make sense as this would support the Turbo. The connection of the Turbo outlet to the Carb. looks as though there is a slight kink in the 90 degree bend in the hose. Do you think this is even an issue ? I don't know about the angle that the Turbo needs to be set at. Is it even something where you could rotate the Turbo a little to  make a more direct connection between the Turbo and the Carb. ? I think what you're doing is interesting. The next step maybe a Motorcycle engine ?   

There aren’t really any odd questions when it comes to making lawnmowers go fast. 

I have a little pipe fitting experience working with my Dad in the oil patch up here in the north and the 1” threaded pipe is perfect for biulding exhaust on the signal cylinder brings exhaust port is already threaded.  As for the piping from the turbo to the carb it was a random radiator hose that the parts store had (the parts guys look at me funny when I said it was for a turbocharged Briggs lawnmower) and I didn’t notice any issues with it being kinked like that and I had already rotated the turbo outlet to the best possible position. If you look at the last picture of it burnt you will see that I completely abandon the stock carb due to the fact that it couldn’t supply enough fuel once it got above 6000rpm, which allowed for a much straighter run into the intake port and ran a small snowmobile carburetor on the turbo inlet side (it was pulled off during the fire and I never got a picture of it setup) the carb on the inlet side of the turbo is what caused the fire in due to compressed fuel and then it backfired and shot the flames everywhere. Unfortunately motorcycle engines are not allowed in the class I race in but I do have plans for a golf cart that involves a motorcycle motor and a turbo in the future. 

Edited by 426 pack