Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Did You Get Today? (Not Model Related)

LOBBS

Nothing model related for X-Mas, but anyway....My wife knows my love of the movie "A Christmas Story." I have to watch it every year...it's MY X-Mas tradition. And, this year she got me the "leg lamp" from the movie. 20" of "electric sex"(quote from the movie). I also got a pair of Leinenkugel Shandy glasses(one shown) and a Blu-ray movie from my step-daughter.

post-9116-0-90983200-1419531273_thumb.jp

post-9116-0-22766100-1419531313_thumb.jp

Edited by The70judgeman

Santa brought me some really cool stuff...

-Black steel wheels for the back and Chrome Reverses to the front for my '60 Impala.

-Brian Setzer's Rockabilly Riot All Original. An excellent Rockabilly CD!

-Tigers' Story book (It tells about a popular Finnish Rockabilly band Teddy & The Tigers).

-New speakers to my daily driver ('87 Chevy Van). They're not the most expensive and the best ones, but as long as they're better than the original speakers I'm happy...Rockabilly sounds always good!

-Chocolate (Of course), a pair of new jeans, a couple of shirts etc.

And then I got an In Car Camera that I can use on the '74 Chevelle Stock Eliminator when I'm on the race track. I tested it today on my Chevy Van and it works really nicely: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3hy7W9Ak9s

My Wife, her (very generous) Mother, and my best friend all made gift-card contributions from either American Express or JEGS. Next week I order the rear disc brake conversion, line-loc, and 15/16" Wilwood 4-wheel disc master cylinder for the Barracuda. Between that and the custom LED tail lights I'm building and Halogen H-4 headlights that are going in it looks like all safety upgrades for the Hot Rod this year. ?

Santa brought me some really cool stuff...

-Black steel wheels for the back and Chrome

And then I got an In Car Camera that I can use on the '74 Chevelle Stock Eliminator when I'm on the race track. I tested it today on my Chevy Van and it works really nicely....

I picked up an ION Air Sport and mounted it to the head rest support on my Wife's side with the camera between our shoulders looking at the dash, hood, and the road. Always running whenever I have the 'Cuda out..... ?

IMG_1726-vi.jpg

Look what I got! Opened my garage door and 4 big boxes were there! Yup, the NNL East postcards came from the printer. So you know what we're doing at our club meeting on Saturday! Right on target for our annual goal of getting the mailing out before January 15th.

Edited by Tom Geiger

A book of all of Edgar Allen Poe's stories and poems. A little light reading before bed. :P

Nice! I started reading his work after I found out he was an influence on HP Lovecraft. My wife happened to have a big omnibus volume of his work (she was a fan since before we met), and handed it to me when I mentioned wanting to find some of the stories. Fascinating stuff, for the most part.