Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Did You Get Today? (Not Model Related)


LOBBS

Recommended Posts

A hair cut.  Working remotely at least through the end of March so it hasn't been a priority.  I tipped at 50% as the floor looked like what it looks like after the groomer buzzes my husky/aussie mix.  Came home and shaved the beard back to a goatee.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven’t had a real haircut in a year!  I needed one back when barbers were still closed.. so I took out my electric shaver thingie, attached the longest comb extension and did it myself. Considering I have little up top, it came out well enough that I’ve continued. Not that anxious to be that close to someone who touches people all day just yet. I’ve avoided non-essential stuff like a dental checkup, since I’m always fine.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just ordered a bottle of Apollo Creed Aventus cologne at a very steep discount. 90% off and this stuff is still over $100.  I have been after this particular brand for a while, now. But, I wasn't going to pay the premium price it goes for. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cold.

Today, I got cold.

This is about -30 Farenheit.

20210208_070806.thumb.jpg.8a5d2e0c7e68b3bc4f2f0c7282b4790f.jpg

 

Truck was not happy about going for a drive this morning. Suspension was hard as a rock, even more so because I'm driving a one ton. Heated seats and heated steering wheel took a while to make a difference too. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Cold.

Today, I got cold.

This is about -30 Farenheit.

20210208_070806.thumb.jpg.8a5d2e0c7e68b3bc4f2f0c7282b4790f.jpg

 

Truck was not happy about going for a drive this morning. Suspension was hard as a rock, even more so because I'm driving a one ton. Heated seats and heated steering wheel took a while to make a difference too. 

 

 

It was the same here in northern BC, fired up my old v10 superduty and it only ran on 6 of the cylinders for about 1min and every single fluid in the truck was thicker than maple syrup. 

Edited by 426 pack
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I like to pop into Goodwill and other thrift stores in all of the various towns that I find myself working in. I found this old Copal flip number clock in Piqua, Ohio yesterday for $1.99. Works perfectly, I just need to reglue the little pointer for the alarm on. It got broken off but luckily it fell down inside it. They're pretty popular and actually go for a real good price on eBay. 

PXL_20210219_014612012.jpg

Edited by Paintandwrenches
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Used part of my income tax to get new tires for my 200, got a set up the BFG G-Force Comp 2 A/S Plus in 235/50R18 for the car.

001(3).PNG

I ran a couple sets of the original versions of the Comp 2 A/S in the same size but put Firestone Firehawk A/S in the above size on the car in 2018 when I needed tires ASAP due to a puncture and not having time to order another set of the BFGs, plus they were cheaper.....at the time. The updated BFGs were about the same price while the Stones went up $20-$30 a tire, so I went back to BFG this time.  I got them through Tire Rack and they have started offering at home/work installation like Safelight does, which only added $100 after the cost of the tires and was less than buying through a store (which seems to source them from Tire Rack as well) and paying more than I paid this company to have them installed.  Best part was,  I was able to have it done while working (and earning pay) vs sitting in a waiting area on a day off. Dad talked to the installer, got to see the inside of his van, and was impressed with him and his van, which has all new equipment on board including a laser balancer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I purchased a 71 Plymouth Valiant 2 door with a 340 (car originally had a 318), factory bucket seat and consul shift 727 auto.  

4FEA6435-1847-4493-8A2B-C1ACC5A41BBF.jpeg

B07F1C5C-46DD-4D39-A4CB-60B338636444.jpeg

09218B7B-C9EC-4724-A7E2-2346020911D2.jpeg

Edited by 426 pack
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DonW said:

I love the 70s rear jack up kit - with the leaf springs bowing the wrong way! Great car with potential, what are your plans?

I plan on fixing most of the problem rust this year and then I want to get into drag racing and maybe a little autocross with it for now and during the long winter months I’ll slowly restore and biuld up the drivetrain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, 426 pack said:

I plan on fixing most of the problem rust this year and then I want to get into drag racing and maybe a little autocross with it for now and during the long winter months I’ll slowly restore and biuld up the drivetrain.

Good luck! She looks too good for the kind of autocross I'm familiar with but she's perfect for the strip.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, DonW said:

Good luck! She looks too good for the kind of autocross I'm familiar with but she's perfect for the strip.

Where I’m from autocross is just a track biult out of cones in a parking lot that people take timed runs to see who is the fastest. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 426 pack said:

Where I’m from autocross is just a track biult out of cones in a parking lot that people take timed runs to see who is the fastest. 

That would be a Sprint on this side of the pond. Autocross is muddy and rough in the UK! 

image.jpeg.96ada8359d6e01f1ffe13b8abb9d24d8.jpeg

Have fun with your new ride.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Russell C said:

Small black fuzzy creatures. Had to look up what those were. Ya learn something every day!

Yep, gives the wife and I something to fuss over after putting our dog down last week.

20210414_112314.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law get a batch of these little guys every so often. Different breeds to add to the farm. Have taken care of them sometimes myself. Fun to watch them grow and see the change, then transferred to the coop, then let them out to free range. The eggs are so much richer compared to the basic ones from the store. Have fun!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I slipped the leash and got in a short hike at Kennesaw Mountain. It's just over a mile from the visitor center parking area to the summit, with a climb of about 800 feet. Got to the top in 25 minutes. Hardly a record, but not too far off my time several decades ago. And not bad for a 70+ year-old guy who broke his pelvis a few years back, and could barely climb the six steps to his front door for months afterwards.

Sure is easier at 190 pounds than it was at 220, and by the time I get back down to 175, it ought to be a breeze.  B)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

I slipped the leash and got in a short hike at Kennesaw Mountain. It's just over a mile from the visitor center parking area to the summit, with a climb of about 800 feet. Got to the top in 25 minutes. Hardly a record, but not too far off my time several decades ago. And not bad for a 70+ year-old guy who broke his pelvis a few years back, and could barely climb the six steps to his front door for months afterwards.

Sure is easier at 190 pounds than it was at 220, and by the time I get back down to 175, it ought to be a breeze.  B)

Good for you! I need to trim off some tonnage myself. Maybe I'll start walking to the post office every day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...