Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Did You Get Today? (Not Model Related)

LOBBS

Just brought this ol' Girl home last night.....Always wanted one,my dad had one in the early 60's thatwas modified to left hand controls being he lost his right arm in Korea,and my best friends dad restored a beautiful '46 which I loved and wanted one even more....unfortunately Roy passed away in July and and Ed called me and said "Mom's selling the Cushman,know anyone interested?"..... and now you know the rest of the story.....Thank you Roy for saving this beauty and I promise "Lizzie" will have a good home and will be loved and cared for.....

Resized_IMG_20171018_211132_254.jpeg

Resized_20171019_075924.jpeg

Resized_20171019_080004.jpeg

That is Really Nice.....

Huh? It's YOUR house too. We bought a 4 bedroom house some 20+ years ago and I claimed one of the rooms for my hobby room/den and I still have it.

Yup.  I have a model room upstairs and a model car warehouse on the basement level!    I have an office on the main level that I originally thought would be used for my home office, but has been overtaken by my stamp collection!

Edited by Tom Geiger

• 4 weeks later...

New camera, it has landed

pnMqi7j.jpg

That will serve you well. I have a D5100 that replaced my D80. I use a Tamron 90mm macro for model photos as Nikon only has 60mm or so and the Tamron has had very good reviews for a long time. I never got the kit with plastic lenses, but it's a good lens anyway.

That will serve you well. I have a D5100 that replaced my D80. I use a Tamron 90mm macro for model photos as Nikon only has 60mm or so and the Tamron has had very good reviews for a long time. I never got the kit with plastic lenses, but it's a good lens anyway.

Its replacing my broken D3200, so little bit of a step up,  I am going to check out that lens, ive been wanting to get a marco lens for shooting models

Its replacing my broken D3200, so little bit of a step up,  I am going to check out that lens, ive been wanting to get a marco lens for shooting models

Nikon has a pretty substantial lineup of micro (macro) lenses: 45mm, 55mm, 60mm, 85mm, 105mm and 200mm. I do not have the 45mm or 85mm versions, but all the others are splendid lenses.

Got a couple of the new Moebius '61 Catalinas from Tower Hobbies this afternoon.  Plans for at least two, one stock and one 2dr sedan using the Missing Link conversion I have.   I didn't realize it would have any optional parts, there is a set of 5 spoke mags.  And the tires are whitewall on one side, black on the other so they can be used either way. 

IMG-3685.JPG

IMG-3687.JPG

IMG-3692.JPG

Edited by Rob Hall

You only live once, so enjoy it why you are here is what  I say............to a point.

Amen, brother. I do the same thing with books; no real need, as such, just a monthly gift to myself. This month I ordered two books, one on the F-104 Starfighter and the other on the F-105 Thunderchief.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Ordered today, moneys out the bank so its mine, 1985-87 Buick Grand National model kit, gonna be popped and the pop is gonna be bashed for a project. Somebody said something about pictures being for cars and things you've had, Ive lost every picture (digitally and film wise) ive ever taken of any old cars Ive had. Now im left with bitter memories and a huge unfilled void in my life. So building models of what i "used to have" is the only thing keeping me sane and alive. Happy building.

I was up in Western New York last Sunday, in Dunkirk and Westfield, driving the coastline and checking out the lighthouses.  I plan to go back in the spring/summer and go to Lake Chautauqua also.   I went to Niagara Falls back in 1999, want to go back this summer also..easy drive up I-90 from Cleveland.