Model Cars Magazine Forum
Ace-Garageguy

'50s Ford utes...I never knew !

Some pics of an early 50's Anglia Ute that I spotted at the former Kruse Auction in Auburn IN back in 2004:

AngliaUte2.jpg

AngliaUte3.jpg

AngliaUte1.jpg

Some pics of an early 50's Anglia Ute that I spotted at the former Kruse Auction in Auburn IN back in 2004:

Wouldn't THAT make a cool little shop truck with a 4-cylinder Ecoboost engine and a six speed gearbox swapped in ? A natural for an old Jag IRS unit too.

Nice Angila Ute, but why does everybody want to cut them up and ruin them?

Maybe in part because the stock engine will get you from 0 to 50 in just a tick under 40 seconds, and flat out is less than 60 MPH.

Wouldn't THAT make a cool little shop truck with a 4-cylinder Ecoboost engine and a six speed gearbox swapped in ? A natural for an old Jag IRS unit too.

Or a Ford flathead, suitably warmed up? Perhaps a small block Ford V8?

Keep the sheetmetal stock though!

Art

there are a couple pix of a 30's Ford Ute in my Arizona Fall Good Guys Nationals set posted in another thread here.

Or a Ford flathead, suitably warmed up? Perhaps a small block Ford V8?

Keep the sheetmetal stock though!

Art

Or a little V8-60...

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

We got some coupe pickups from Chevy back in the thirties, but they are about as rare as hens teeth. They probably didn't sell very well.

1936-chevrolet-standard-coupe-pickup-aka

Edited by Jantrix

I wish we would have had 'Utes" here in the U.S.A.

Especially some of the Chrysler products that were never made into an el Camino - Ranchero type vehicles here .

A few years ago I wanted an Australian style Ute so I raided the parts box, it's a '36 Ford coupe with a Revell '37/'38 Ford cab. Cut the dash to be right hand drive

001-44.jpg

003-42.jpg

001-43.jpg

002-47.jpg

Yes indeedy, Bill! Ford was building coupe utilities in Australia as early as 1932.

One of my all-time faves-

tems.jpg

We got some coupe pickups from Chevy back in the thirties, but they are about as rare as hens teeth. They probably didn't sell very well.

1936-chevrolet-standard-coupe-pickup-aka

A friend and Chevy guy says these were also offered as a kit from the dealer. Claims the if it was offered on a Vette or Camaro we would have exact numbers form Chevy on all colors and engine options on these. I liked the last part mostly when he told it .