Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 duster on steroids nov 6 decalled and nearly done

freakshow12

Had some time today so I got the big parts of the interior done.  Dash is pretty well finished.  I may add a monster tach/ shift light and a couple other gauges for the monster under the hood. Get some pedals in it and I got a nice inline 4 speed shifter as well.  Thanks for looking

Got some more done today.  Hemi is in for last time.  Got the dipstick on, decal on oil filter and made rad hoses. Front suspension is in just the coilovers left there.  Getting very close to mating body to chassis for last time then it will really take shape.  The hood is a black six pack unit btw.  Thanks for looking

Thanks guys.  The tach is an old detail master piece if I remember right.  The housing is aluminum, the face is a plastic overlay and the needles and mounting clamp are photoetch.  Took a while to build. Lol.  I've had it for a long time.  The oil filter decal is from the custom decals on the new hemi cuda kit.  If I get the firewall done tmo the big parts should be together tmo.  I just could not resist a quick look though.  Here you go. Hood isn't done yet

Done for now. Trans will be painted last and fuel lines to go on

D54BCD50-E598-41B9-ABF3-093F7DCA9C12_zps

268FC0ED-A1B7-4144-9580-8700C48D5953_zps

I got to ask, whered the valve covers on the Hemi come from? Those look REALLY good "finned"!!!!!

Nice work on the engine too!

GAWD that dash and gauage, as well as the body exterior the whole build looks GREAT!!!!!!!

Edited by 426-Hemi
Added content

Thanks for all the kind words guys! Worked or brake lines today. It's all done except for routing the rubber lines in final build up.  

2C851443-16C0-48CD-9BAB-B2F8E0A3FB87_zps

DBFF614A-8528-4069-A71C-1C76DE9F674C_zps

E0996FCB-15F8-4010-9368-10CF3DC1132F_zps

0D8A4A01-34C0-4C8E-883C-3E990C871122_zps

35A780F2-BD14-4E55-8EBF-7404680D32E1_zps

It sure is NIICE to see, I'm NOT alone and LIKE "super-Detailing".....  Specially (for mew anyway) on Mopar....... NIICE work on the brake lines and all that, AWESOME job!