Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 duster on steroids nov 6 decalled and nearly done

freakshow12

Thanks guys. I'm hanging out in North dakota the last few days at a hockey tournament so I'm about 12 hrs away from the bench! Yes the bench is an epic mess right now lol. It gets that way during mockup and I have to stop and clean it once I get to doing paint and assembly. The nuts and bolts were just stuff I cut off a 1/12 Camaro chassis and reused.

Just a small update. Starting to work on front end and brakes. On the rear I tried something new, I wanted pe disks but put the rear together using solid wheel backs. I solved this by putting half the disk on the outside and half on the inside. I still have to add the calipers but you get the idea. Once it's all put together and in its final spot I think it will look ok. What do you guys think?

380DC463-2BAF-49FE-97B7-931D2AB1C401_zps

EE4647E0-0F7B-4C09-B8F6-3AD44988A714_zps

B74FD324-D3EF-48C1-A300-66D011B22CC7_zps

107A18C7-1B1F-4E06-94E3-99231ACFE1DA_zps

374182B3-51A6-4B99-A7B6-AA9AB6CEFD28_zps

CD17A73C-276E-419B-AB58-28E5FD4B174E_zps

The brake work is looking good Fred. I did the front brakes the exact same way with my BM Camaro build as your doing with your backs on this one. It'll work, just make sure you have clearence for the outer caliper halves.

I was going to mention having a look at your build up thread to see a good way of doing this.

Looking great still man.

I see no problems at all with those brakes. Absolutely none. I gotta tell you, I might steal your front suspension idea for my own Duster build.

Thanks so much guys. I have no issues with anyone using this idea or any of mine. Lol. Solves a ton of issues on mopar front ends. I used the rack from the 5.0 LX kit. Cut off tie rods, drilled holes on the boots where I cut the rods off and it allowed me to set the width. I forget where I got the coil overs for the front. Amt kit for sure though as its that tan plastic. Wagon rod maybe? Then I flipped the spindles to drop it down. I had to carefully drill new holes on the upper a arms further out to square it up again or it will have lots of camber. On the rack I still have to add the part the steering shaft connects to.

• 4 weeks later...