Model Cars Magazine Forum

What cool trucks (rigs or pick ups) have you seen lately?

Not a "KW Man" by any means,but that A-Model is SHARP! as a young driver,i had the opportunity to drive an A-Model early on in my career, 3408 Cat,14 speed spicer trans.,right around 750 horse to the drives,only big truck I ever drove with a 120 MPH speedometer in it!.....................................Mark

post-9862-0-86504100-1433720718_thumb.jp

This slightly shabby but well maintained Valueliner was out and doing its thing yesterday

11217177_856914417697550_611755313765910

Makes me wish I had an R model Mack kit in the house...

In a hotel parking lot, a serious lowboy. I wonder what the capacity of that is. 200t?

IMG_2351.jpg

IMG_2350.jpg

This truck is pretty well the only one which can negotiaite the local streets without damage.

IMG_2352.jpg

A nice old Jeep.

IMG_2353.jpg

And finally, my own rig. 2005 Raleigh, 28 in. wheels, 21 speeds, one geezer power. And the rating varies with what the geezer had for breakfast.

IMG_2355.jpg

You off 51st if I'm not mistaken. If you get some extra time and way to go. The Dannys Truck Resort is on 67th across from the Flying J. It's a truck wash, chrome shop, polisher, cb shop, vinyl shop, and restaurant, all in one place. I've spent hours at that place, and a lot money.

Edited by Petetrucker07

Saw a Freightliner FLD, only a two axle, with six open-sided ballest containers partially loaded. Ballast as best as I could tell was 1000-something(didn't see lb. or kg.) cast metal units.

No draw bar, signage or supporting/ associated trucks around.

I was driving to work so no photo though. Hugely disappointed considering it's such an odd set up.