Model Cars Magazine Forum

What cool trucks (rigs or pick ups) have you seen lately?

• 2 weeks later...

The weekend may be skim pickins for cool trucks. I'm sure you'll see some stuff that's not seen on the east coast. Hope LA treats you ok Jim.

Nice looking Peterbilt.

I'm heading out to LA this weekend, so I'm hoping to see some trucks out there that I usually don't see here in Central New York.

From what I was told today, it seems as though things may be picking up. I'm hoping things are. I'm not holding my breath though. One of our big customers is making material again. The guy that operates the loader there was on vacation for 3 weeks. 

Claayton, That's one of them Rigs folks want to just get out of the way of!

Sure hope you're runnin' more often Loaded than Deadhead.........

From what I was told today, it seems as though things may be picking up. I'm hoping things are. I'm not holding my breath though. One of our big customers is making material again. The guy that operates the loader there was on vacation for 3 weeks. 

Good to read! Heck you're suppose to be haulin' Payin' Loads not just the Drivers A**:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so does this count:

I have no idea what it is (yes, I know it's an aircraft refueling truck, but I don't know who makes it).  I took this photo from the window of my flight from Syracuse, NY, last Friday when we pulled up to our gate at Newark Liberty International Airport.  I believe it is refueling a United Express Embraer ERJ-145 (similar to the one I flew on).

Looks like a Peterbilt 320. I spent a lot of time at airports working FIFO jobs so I've seen lots of funky airport equipment. Never saw a fuel truck that big, though.

Edited by kataranga

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My brother (a truck driver) was behind this the other day in Indiana. I guess this is the Army's version of the Yosemite Sam "Back Off" mud flaps! :lol:

Army.jpg

I just hope the driver doesn't get a bad case of road rage!! :lol::lol::lol:

I wasn't able to a pic because I was driving, and not sure if a pic taken from my dash cam would have came out well if I could have stopped it at the right time in the video and screenshot it (and it doesn't help I left the dash cam in the truck :rolleyes:), but I was shocked to see a Ford F350 dually pulling a gooseneck, and on the gooseneck was an old dual drive Freightliner cabover! :o When I first seen it, I actually thought the Freightliner was following (and way too close I might add :lol:) the dually, it wasn't until everything got closer to me that I could see the trailer and that the Freightliner was on the deck. Of course, the first thing that came to mind: COOL IDEA FOR A BUILD! :lol: