Model Cars Magazine Forum

What cool trucks (rigs or pick ups) have you seen lately?

Here are a couple of photos from a trip we took a few days ago.

One is of a truck parked in front of the bus we were riding in. the second is of another truck pulling into the Ferry terminal and then backing up to load on the ferry.

Being an Island nation. trucks and ferries are a large part of the transportation infrastructure. Yes they have tractor trailer combo's. However I see mostly eight and ten wheel drop sides and wingvans. The trailers I have seen are mostly  the drop side type , and many have the lugs to lock down containers.

Be Well

Gator

_MG_3838_zpsgpt7mepu.jpg

_MG_3839_zpschrbqesb.jpg

_MG_3841_zpsouuupnjm.jpg

Edited by gatorincebu

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not exactly lately, but the other day in 1981. I found this while looking through some old albums. I remember driving on the road in the foreground and thinking I was seeing things. It was coming down the adjacent service road and was wider than the entire road.  I think it was hung up on a pile on the shoulder.What is the tractor?

Bolduc%20810002.jpg

Bolduc%20810005.jpg

Edited by landman

They have this at work. Supposedly to restore100_1110_zpsadtsga6v.jpg

Restore - that is a nice looking truck, what are they going to do repaint the bumper ? That is a cool mixer.

When I was a kid my Dad had a dump truck very similar to that year on the ranch.  I bet when Terry (superpeterbilt) see's this he will want to build a model of it .

Sean: Thanks...it is a cool truck,needs more work than meets the eye. Has no motor or trans,also it isn't the company colors.

Here's a pic of the other side showing the motor that runs the mixer unit