Model Cars Magazine Forum

What cool trucks (rigs or pick ups) have you seen lately?

got to run this from sunday night til Tuesday a.m.   holiday weekend busy hauling groceries. did back to back 14 hr days, logged about 800 miles.

one of our new freight shakers. 430 Detroit auto shift. my first time in a auto shift and I kinda liked it . this truck is assigned to our most senior driver.

snapped this pic mon. a.m. at a rest stop in rainy alton new Hampshire.

now i'm toast on my 70 so back in the office til Saturday p.m.  I reset sunday and back out again Monday p.m.

• 3 weeks later...

A Peterbilt 379 we passed just south of Modesto CA on Hwy 99 a couple of months ago.

P1000973b.jpg

Another 379  spotted on I 5 by the Outlets at Tejon just north of Grapevine CA at the same trip.

P1010094b.jpg

A Peterbilt 379 we passed over the Tejon moutain pass around Pyramid Lake on I 5 north of Santa Clarita CA.

P1010104b.jpg

A Peterbilt 362 on Hwy 91 just east of the I 710 the same day.

P1010138b.jpg

P1010139b.jpg

Allt of these were Peterbilts, I didn't see many good looking KW's that day.

A day later, Peterbilt 379 Tanker.

P1010223b.jpg

This is not how you want to see a truck.

P1010541b.jpg

A couple of trucks from your neighbourhood Clayton, Peterbilt 379 and 359 at a friend of ours place up in Hesperia CA.

P1010614b.jpg

P1010626b.jpg

Edited by Force

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Clayton, that Freightliner is seriously cool, my opinion.

The AMT model of this truck lucks a heck of a lot different though.  Why?  The pic seems like the cab is a lot wider than the model.  Also, the "huge, flat front" looks like a real wall of steel, very angular and the visor is a must, again my opinion.

What's the deal?  Were later Freightliner's a different body, or is it just my viewing interpretation?

I could really see myself building that nasty looking rig.

Clayton, that Freightliner is seriously cool, my opinion.

The AMT model of this truck lucks a heck of a lot different though.  Why?  The pic seems like the cab is a lot wider than the model.  Also, the "huge, flat front" looks like a real wall of steel, very angular and the visor is a must, again my opinion.

What's the deal?  Were later Freightliner's a different body, or is it just my viewing interpretation?

I could really see myself building that nasty looking rig.

The truck is newer, 90s. I believe the cab is a little wider, the grille is totally different (which may also make the can look wider),  I also believe the cab sits a little lower. This truck is obviously stretched, it's lowered and the visor is mean, I'd like to make one for my next custom Freightshaker cabover.

I did a little researching, there was a slight difference built in during the Freightliner COE days.  As I understand, mid 70's it got this wider grill and bigger windshield and was named the Powerliner, still the same design otherwise.

The AMT model needs some work to get this look.  I'm thinking about it.

I did a little researching, there was a slight difference built in during the Freightliner COE days.  As I understand, mid 70's it got this wider grill and bigger windshield and was named the Powerliner, still the same design otherwise.

The AMT model needs some work to get this look.  I'm thinking about it.

Someone, I think Spaulding Trading and Shipping, did a resin Powerliner some years ago.

a few pics from today's Brockway truck show in Cortland NY. There was an excellent turnout considering the high , muggy temps and forecast rain. The forecast didn't dampen the celebration !!!

This single drive really looked amazing..

The high temps made everyone comment about the other common NY weather around this snow plow!

My personal favorite..finally seeing the infamous TWIN golden HUSKIES !!!  That could only mean one thing ....HUSKI DRIVE !!

Jeff

Certainly a beautiful truck that presents itself well! Just my opinion, but all of the attendees were winners..they all drove Brockway trucks!

Did anyone notice the "other"truck that arrived and was parked around the corner? Guess the bulldog felt left out