Model Cars Magazine Forum

revell nova drag car

Nice build, although it appears you have the slicks on the wrong way.

hey jason you could be right but i think we hashed this out on the vintage drag board and decided that the way the wrinkles are that there really isn't a right or wrong way but you are right about my builds most of the time i turn them the other way these tires are BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH (unreliable resin) i had to turn them so much on the lathe to get the tread face straight across the flat spot was gone and i just stuck them on.

vince

hey jason you could be right but i think we hashed this out on the vintage drag board and decided that the way the wrinkles are that there really isn't a right or wrong way but you are right about my builds most of the time i turn them the other way these tires are BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH (unreliable resin) i had to turn them so much on the lathe to get the tread face straight across the flat spot was gone and i just stuck them on.

vince

The tire usually wrinkles in the direction the wheel turns, on another note, you got those from "reliable resin"?

Vince, By no means do I mean to hijack the thread and take away from your great build. But Jim, notice in your reference pictures, the wrinkle is slanted in the direction the wheel is turning, on Vince's model, the wrinkles are slanted the opposite way of your pictures, as if it was launching in reverse. Again, I do not mean to hijack the thread..

Edited by Dragfreak