Model Cars Magazine Forum

NNL East April 18, 2015

Tom Geiger

Models are packed up...... Registration paperwork filled out...... Fresh batteries in the camera with extras in the fanny pack...... Suitcase partially packed...... Cooler cleaned and ready for the trip...... Just waiting to hit the road on Friday.

I want to thank Tom and all of the Tri-State guys for putting on an EXCELLENT show! This was my first time back since 2007, and the new location (new to me) is 100% better than the old place! I got to reconnect with a lot of folks that I hadn't seen in years, and it was really good to be back.

Yes! I DO plan on going again next year-------of course I hope my wallet will agree! :D

Got back to California today from my first trip to the NNL East, courtesy of my very "Cool" wife, as confirmed by the Tri-State Club! What a great show. I'm so glad we were able to make it out. I want to thank Donn Yost, Kathie, John Snider and friends for making us feel like old friends. Your hospitality was incredible. Really nice to meet you too, Kris, and I'll be in touch.

I also want to thank Tom Geiger and the whole Tri-State Scale Model Car Club for not only producing a great show, but for the special award presented to my wife, Lisa! You guys are great! We both look forward to coming back.

I really enjoyed meeting some of our East Coast MCM members as well. I appreciate all of you that came up to meet us and put faces to names. And finally, you guys on the Right Coast build some great models!

-Art

There is nothing on this planet that could be considered perfection ....

That being said , the NNL East show is run like the proverbial Swiss watch and comes close . Kathie and I would like to thank Tom and his crew for putting on an excellent show once again . Wonderful to see and hang out with old friends , my adopted " kids " , and meeting and making new friends . A special thank you to Lisa Laski for arranging the trip for Art and to finally getting to meet a true hell on wheels modeler !

A special thank you to John Papp for the hourly countdown till show time ..... Lmao !

One of these years I'll make it.My fellow model club members have gone in the past for a club trip(well before I joined) and they're talking about it again.Going agian depends on when NNL East falls vis-à-vis our club's spring show.

Many thanks to all who came to NNL East and made it our best show to date! We think of it as a party where we've invited 1200 of our closest friends. And we have a great time running the show!

This year's show results:

http://www.nnleast.com/nnleast2015.html

This year's photo albums, I believe our photographer took 1800 photos:

http://public.fotki.com/tssmcc/nnl-east-photo-albums/nnl-east-29-/

We have big plans for our 30th anniversary. So this would be the year to come!

teaser_2016.jpg