Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 Charger R/t Conversion Part 4. Finished

Don B

Hi Everyone,

After a minor setback it's finished. I started this build as a replica stock but had a change of mind.

I decided to do it like the street cruisers of the early 70's so I ditched the magnum 500 wheels for some aftermarket wheels.

I also blacked out the grill added yellow plug wires and headers along with lakewood traction bars. Raised the rear end a little.

The usual BMF treatment and Keith Marks decals. It was a fun conversion to do. Thanks to fellow board member Ron S for making the personalized rear license plate along with the front vanity plate.

Here are some pics.

I hope you like it. Comments Welcome.

100_6079.jpg

100_6066.jpg

100_6067.jpg

100_6080.jpg

100_6050.jpg

100_6042.jpg

100_6040.jpg

• 2 months later...
post-2677-1209349361_thumb.jpgpost-2677-1209349397_thumb.jpgI remember this exact car from a mopar show in East Hartford. Down to the FL plates, hemi, colors and stripes. Here are some pics. I am sorry for awakening an old thread.

post-2677-1209349361_thumb.jpgpost-2677-1209349397_thumb.jpgI remember this exact car from a mopar show in East Hartford. Down to the FL plates, hemi, colors and stripes. Here are some pics. I am sorry for awakening an old thread.

THANK YOU for awakening this old thread. I missed it the first time around, so I'm glad I got to see this '68. INCREDIBLE build. The '68 Charger was BY FAR the best looking year. BEAUTIFUL PAINT!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the compliments Guys, I haven't been here in a while. Lots of other stuff going on. This car is one of my favorite builds. I hope to post some more update pics of my progress on the 69 Super Bee Six Pack soon. ;) Don B

In a nutshell, you've totally nailed it. I have to agree- this is one of the finest Chargers I've ever seen. The Arrest-Me-Red paint, the wheels and the tires complete a killer package.

Roger that!!...Beautiful :rolleyes: