Model Cars Magazine Forum

1909 Stanley Steamer E2

Harry P.

Spectacular, Harry! Just spectacular. B)

But, uhhhh, shouldn't it be in 'Big Boyz'? ^_^

In my opinion, the "Big Boyz" section shouldn't exist at all. And a huge number of our members don't even know it exists. So lots of people are missing out on some astonishing work. Harry puts his build process there, but posts the finished work here. The "On the Workbench" and "Under Glass" sections are filled with such a wild variation in types of cars in 1/24, 1/25, 1/32/ 1/64. etc., that I don't see what difference large scale makes.

And if you're chiding him for "Moderator fails to follow rules," I'd just walk away from it.

Edited by sjordan2

In my opinion, the "Big Boyz" section shouldn't exist at all. And a huge number of our members don't even know it exists. So lots of people are missing out on some astonishing work. Harry puts his build process there, but posts the finished work here. The "On the Workbench" and "Under Glass" sections are filled with such a wild variation in types of cars in 1/24, 1/25, 1/32/ 1/64. etc., that I don't see what difference large scale makes.

And if you're chiding him for "Moderator fails to follow rules," I'd just walk away from it.

That's a joke, Skip.

Don't put words in my mouth, Skip. Not 'chiding' anyone, just making humor. ;)

That's a joke, Skip.

Don't put words in my mouth, Skip. Not 'chiding' anyone, just making humor. ;)

No intention to put words in your mouth, my friend, just responding to the words you said and this isn't your first comment on the subject. But I think you've voiced something that many members wonder about, so it's not necessarily obvious as humor. But I appreciate your intention and can now see your humorous approach. I'm a bit sensitive about the Big Boyz thing, since I think it's not very bright.

Edited by sjordan2

Thanks. What did you use for the thin rods going along the steering column? Brass? Is all the brass colored stuff on your car brass or paint?

The thin rods are actual brass wire. All the other "brass" is paint. I don't like the look of brass plated kit parts... they are always that mirror-finish show car looking brass; I doubt many owners kept the brass on their everyday cars back then looking like that, so I try to go for a more "natural" brass look. I use Rustoleum "Metallic Brass," then a coat of Testors Transparent Black window tint, then finally a black wash made of black acrylic craft paint and Future to accent the "nooks and crannies" and give the parts some depth.

Harry...li honestly cant understand how you produce such amazing quality builds in such short time. Over and over and over again. It truly does blow me away.

I must admit that from of all your builds I mostly look forward to your WIP. There are always so many little tips and tricks to learn from. So I kinda feel a little cheated on this one. Lol.

Keep 'me comin Harry!!

Very nice! Where there any problems with sinkmarks? I encountered a bunch of 'em in my Steamer and the Aurora Stutz.

I found sinkmarks on the body sides, nowhere else. Fenders were good, hood was good. Ejector pin marks on the panels that go below the seats.