Model Cars Magazine Forum

what's the one kit u would love to see reissued?

1/4 Scale Chrysler Slant Six from Revell....

This one has been gone for a long time....

Makes ya wonder if they still have the bones of this one. Would be very difficult to bring back since there were lots of different metal parts, light strings etc included in this kit. I do have most of one.

Merit Lotus XI

and improved with nicer wire wheels and reshaping of part of the nose.

1_9a72e483d0542c2d5cfa76f6198d7aa2.jpg

niceeleven.jpg

oh and without the raised panel lines please, still haven't gotten up the courage to try to apply some lines (decals?) to this one. as it is you cant really even see the raised ones but they were there!

jb

Edited by jbwelda

Id love to have that...! Unfortunately I could never afford that and with us being forced into having to file bankruptcy it will be quite awhile till I can get anything. I just hope and pray to be able to keep the disabled builders group going for them...I might have to give it up cant afford to get them anything :(

Edited by disabled modeler

oh and extra special award for the gas can kind of hanging on the front bumper, protruding over it like a nerf bar, with no visible means of attachment. and I believe that's exactly how it is in the kit too.

IMG_5286-vi.jpg

jb

Never understood why they did the box-art like that, it's sort of a Hippie theme or Barbie (not Klaus) toy-like, while the Land Rover brand at that time, stood for a though vehicle for serious off-roading, for fun and as a mean to get through and to remote areas, other then by plane.

Since the late 90's it's also become a fashion accessory, to portray the adventurous to those who like the theme but in a concrete jungle setting.

And then the French license plates on a iconic British vehicle, they fought wars for less there ;^)

Anyway, that kit, if the tooling is still there needs a overhaul, better wheels and tires (option off and on road) a roll-bar extra doors for topless (no not that kind) driving and some neat off road accessories like a winch, tread plates and real looking gas cans.

Edited by Luc Janssens