Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari 308 GTB....OOB

ZIL 111V

Big fan of Ferrari graceful designs of the 60s, 70s early 80s (today not so much! :unsure: )

308 series was a magnificent design, still a beauty even today in 2014... got to love those lines :wub:

Monogram excellent 1980 308 GTB 1/24th kit, straight from the box, must admit that for such a simple "curbside" kit, it turned out great, this was the latest edition; Revell AG " 308 30th anniversary" 2006 box. MM Champagne Gold + clear, 2 tone/cream/black interior, testor gold wheels, plated in...$$$witzerland! :P

Picture407_zps20ee2907.jpg

Picture414_zpsd5908a0a.jpg

Picture421_zps9fc9fa47.jpg

Picture411_zps0783777a.jpg

Edited by ZIL 111V

Thanks to all!

Indeed quite "entry level": popular model, but also appreciated by 70s "top notch" F1 Legends:

Villeneuve-Fiorano-78-308GTB_zps6433c8ed

True that the 308/328 are in the most affordable bracket of "used" Ferraris, but indeed parts &.... maintenance/labor fees are "A$$$$tronomical"!....Prefer sticking with my "populist" (a bit heavier!) brand new Challenger! :P

This color look pretty good on the 308 and proofs again: a Ferrari can wear any color :) I like Not-Red-Ferraris :D Funny: I have the 308 in the same color - but 1/43 in scale. I love the 308 or 328. The design is the best ever on a Ferrari. Take a look to your first picture - beautiful lines <3

The only thing I don't like: the license plate sticked on the front hood. I would have it placed to the front bumper as usual. But it's a really nice model anyway.