Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bonneville Salt Flats Wheel Covers

Parts by Parks used to make several different sizes but I have heard that he is no longer making parts.

Parts by Parks' Moon disc style wheel covers can still be found on eBay, and the are the nicest I've yet to see. I would definitely recommend finding a set.

• 2 weeks later...

Lee is right about the numbers on he bottom of the can. I found that some 7up cans are OK. (I have a pretty good collection of can bottoms saved up.) Or... If the numbers are embossed with the high side on the convex of the curve you can sand them flat.

This is what I was able to do using a common drill as a lathe. They are mounted on an old stone bit using CA glue. To remove them use debonder.

disks6-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

disks8-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Parks makes a great product if you want to skip the work. Making your own allows you the option of any size you want.

Edited by Scott Colmer

Lee is right about the numbers on he bottom of the can. I found that some 7up cans are OK. (I have a pretty good collection of can bottoms saved up.) Or... If the numbers are embossed with the high side on the convex of the curve you can sand them flat.

This is what I was able to do using a common drill as a lathe. They are mounted on an old stone bit using CA glue. To remove them use debonder.

disks6-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

disks8-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Parks makes a great product if you want to skip the work. Making your own allows you the option of any size you want.

those look really good. how do you make sure that they are round with a nice smooth edge?