Model Cars Magazine Forum

Meng F350 Paramedic response unit

Obviously started with the Meng Ford F350. Scratch built the utility style truck cap, center console in between front seats and gear bag in back seat. Paint is Testors Model Masters Lacquers "Italian Red" and "Classic White". Decals are a combination of "Microscale" and pieces from the Trumpeter ALF.

This will be paired with the Galaxie 28 foot box trailer to create a MCI (Mass Casualty Incident) response unit.

post-7314-0-42149100-1419101720_thumb.jp

post-7314-0-79675600-1419101878_thumb.jp

post-7314-0-61594600-1419101900_thumb.jp

post-7314-0-70029400-1419101931_thumb.jp

post-7314-0-05558300-1419101962_thumb.jp

I got the cab over the interior....took some finessing.....but I am off on the chassis to interior tub fit and now my front bumper doesn't line up. Over all I am happy with the kit, but it does have its quirks.....I'll know on the next two......

I am off on the chassis to interior tub fit and now my front bumper doesn't line up. Over all I am happy with the kit, but it does have its quirks.....I'll know on the next two......

I had my cab off and on about 6 times, (which is very hard on paint) and it seemed like the dash area may have been what was hitting the inside of the body. I lowered the dash but, it did not help. I then trimmed the front outside edges of the interior but, that did not help either. I have heard that the window cause the fit problem but, it was not clear to me. I have one more F350 to build and I am going to do a lot of trial fit before I paint anything.

I like your work so far Ghoodii I can't wait to see the finished product!