Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hard_2_Handle_454

Very nice. Don't understand what you mean by the kit felt cheap. This kit started AMT's comeback in 1988.

Amen !! There were a lot of delays after the kit was announced for release in Spring / Summer 1987 ; a year later , it was finally out ! The only black eye for an at-the-time-state-of-the-art kit :that stupid moulded-on-to-the-windshield interior rear view mirror ! Successive issues of this great kit were retooled sans mirror .

Heck , the best thing about this kit --other than its subject matter-- was that extra small block engine (in short block form) and its engine stand !

I love it in red and in stock form. I remember voting for the Nova kit to be produced back in the '80s on a survey at a model car show. This is my all time favorite muscle car. I had a little trouble with the front suspendtion on mine, as I remember. I built two one red and one in a blue close to original color for Nova. I have the Jenkins version to build and it will go stock Jenkins style.