• Announcements

• Site Upgrade   11/18/2017

The Forums will be down, Sunday, November 26th starting 9 AM PST for upgrade.We'll probably be down until 1PM PST, but it might be longer. I'm doing a major forum software upgrade, so I expect the forums to operate somewhat differently when we come back online.  Update: I've had a medical issue come up, and this window might not get used. 
      Update 2: I'm moving the upgrade to 9 AM Sunday.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Monogram Mojave Mule Kit

13 posts in this topic

Posted

A friend of mine(not a modeler) recently gave me a Monogram Mojave Mule kit. As this is not the genre I usually model I am looking for a little info. Is this a kit that is hard to find? I see it was issued in 1976. I have been building since 1956 with a lapse now and then for education and family. That was issued during one of these gaps. I would be interested in any info someone might share about this kit--and its possibilities! Thanks and a Merry Christmas!!

Posted

I had that as a kit its made by Monogram...loved it! It was a fun to build kit no real fit issues ether.

Posted

I remember building it when it came out Bruce. Not a real detailed kit and not a real ultra-rare kit, but to the right person it might be worth something.

Revell had a series of kits based on the Chevy LUV as those small trucks gained popularity in the 1:1 world.

I don't believe it was ever re-issued so they aren't real common sights at swap meets but again, kind of a unique subject with limited appeal. If you aren't going to build it, post it in the swap section and see what you get for it.

Posted

I built it back then and have not seen one since. From what I understand it was the last kit that Tom Daniel designed, at least to that point, for Monogram.. I remember it as being a real nice kit to build. How rare is it? I don't think that it has ever been reissued in that exact version.

Posted

This kit?
CHEVYLUVPICKUPMojaveMule-vi.jpg

Posted

Mark you are correct on this kit being Tom Daniels last Design For Monogram ,a real hard kit to find but never the less a good one

I have three of them in my stash.

Posted

I built a couple of those as a kid,...would love to see it reissued.

Posted

I still have mine although the thing has pretty much fallen apart due to its age. Built out of the box except I added a hood scoop. The only thing I didn't like about it was that the rear cab wall is separate and gets added after the interior is in, and the fact that it looks very plain, almost toy-like when compete.

Posted

I was "thrashing the threshold" when I perchanced-upon this old thread .  I wonder if there's any chance that Revellogram will reissue any of these ? I honestly don't care about the High Roller version ; however , the others would be quite nice to see again !

MojaveMule.thumb.jpg.c79caa26baf9c740133LUVwithCamper.thumb.jpg.d6a7e7dd6da80bf5

Posted

Id like to see the Luv Machine reissued

Posted

I was "thrashing the threshold" when I perchanced-upon this old thread .  I wonder if there's any chance that Revellogram will reissue any of these ? I honestly don't care about the High Roller version ; however , the others would be quite nice to see again !

Is there a chance? Probably, but the last time the kit was produced was 1980 IIRC, so who knows what condition the molds are in, if all the various inserts for each version are present, etc. Maybe someone should e-mail Ed Sexton and ask if it's possible?

Posted

I built the Mojave Mule one as a kid...nice kit builds very nicely too.

Posted

Too bad this kit never had the stock drivetrain included.  It's the only one of the original mini-truck kits you can't build stock now that the MPC Datsun has been reissued in it's 1975 Annual format.  Both the Courier and D50 Ram could be built stock under all of that weird 70s "Street Machine/Custom" nonsense, but the Monogram LUV has a SBC in it, which is obviously not a standard engine from Isuzu.