Model Cars Magazine Forum

36 Ford street rod - "Plain Jane"

mr moto

Just finished this today. It's the Round 2/AMT 1936 Ford built mostly out of the box. There's a few added details and tires from Modelhaus but the great majority of it came in the box. The tires in the kit are actually excellent but the 5.00 x 15 street rod tires made it a lot easier to get it as low as I wanted. Paint is Duplicolor; Seattle Silver, Toreador Red and Greek White on the exterior and Wimbledon White, Toreador Red and Light Briar Brown on the inside.

These are all the photos that I have uploaded right now but I'll add some shots of the interior, etc. later on.

IMGP1672.jpg

IMGP1673.jpg

IMGP1674.jpg

IMGP1675.jpg

IMGP1676.jpg

IMGP1677.jpg

IMGP1679.jpg

IMGP1684.jpg

Hi Manuel, that is a nice looking 36. A real tediuos paint job came out very nice!

Did the fenderskirts come with the kit? I'm not much in to fenderskirts, but I think they look real cool on a lowered 36 Ford. The view from aft makes it!

I think I'll have to build a 36 Ford soon, I love 'em.

Good job.

Michael

Very smooth and stylish Custom Car! Paint colors look excellent as well as your paint job. This is a bit different than the other '36 Fords that I've seen and that's a really positive thing. I'm not crazy about the fender skirts, but otherwise this is just like I'd want mine in 1:1 scale.

Thanks everbody for all the good words and MERRY CHRISTMAS! :D Someone asked about the paint color on the carb and fuel pump. That's just some Testors aluminum paint followed by a just a little bit of a rust color wash - kind of like dry brushing with a wash. In answer to another question, the skirts came in the kit. It includes a lot of parts that haven't been seen in a '36 Ford box for many years. Before anybody asks, yes it has the six carb manifold and the three carb manifold for the optional Pontiac engine.

Here are a few more pictures.

IMGP1655.jpg

IMGP1599.jpg

IMGP1649.jpg

IMGP1569.jpg

I added a "necker's knob" to the steering wheel with a "Lady Luck" image on it. That seemed like good period touch. My idea for this build is that it's back in the day of street rods and local car clubs so I printed a 1959 license plate for it and that's the whole decal sheet down below.

IMGP1644.jpg

IMGP1618.jpg

IMGP1591.jpg