Model Cars Magazine Forum

1933 Duesenberg

Harry P.

BRAVOn. Is the kit chrome as nice as it looks?

The chrome is about as flawless as you'll see in a kit, but some of it had been scuffed on the high spots of the bumpers and gravel shields. Those parts were the high spots on the chrome tree... and over the years of sliding around in the box, even though the chrome was bagged, those high spots are a little dull.

That gold paint is making me re-think my decision not to do the 1/16 Rolls Phantom III in the 2-tone gold of the original car it's based on. Until now, I was going to go with black and burgundy.

That almost looks like gold and "butterscotch" instead of two shades of gold.

Sad to note that in the space of just a few hours today, and at this time, the subject of this build has slipped down from #4 to #24 on the menu. I go for classics, and I wish more of our members did the same. But that's why it's important that finished larger-scale builds should show up in Under Glass instead of being totally relegated to the mostly ignored Big Boyz section, that few of our members even know exists.

Edited by sjordan2

Fabulous classic, beautifully done!

(So this section is for larger scales too?)

So why can't it be for larger scales, too? If you read around this forum, you'll see there's lots of dispute about having a large-scale topic separate from the others. If the On the Workbench and Under Glass topics can accommodate 1/24-25, 1/32. 1/43 and even 1/64 models, why is there a separation? Totally senseless.

Another beautifully rendered classic.It must have been wonderful to have had enough money in those days to have the means to purchase a car like this.The fact that such vehicles were even being built during the depth of the great depression is amazing in itself.

Thnks for sharing your considerable talents with us!