Model Cars Magazine Forum

All of our completed 2014 truck builds!

Thanks JT but as the Moody Blues sang so well, "I'm just a singer in a rock n roll band".

Lugnut is busy sniffing soldering fumes and candle wax for the General project however we defer any accolades to some of the far cleaner builds out there including some of your stretched masterpieces and trailer work.

Clayton, this topic is a great idea and gives all of us a chance to recap many of the builds of 2014...thanks!

Here's my 2014 builds...

Rogers 35 ton fixed gooseneck:

IMG_1434_zpsf4c3c58f.jpg

CAT 320C excavator:

IMG_1337_zps17036897.jpg

Celtic KW:

IMG_1395_zps529aacf3.jpg

Diamond Reo:

IMG_1508_zps910fcff5.jpg

Dump trailer:

IMG_1566_zpsae4211ad.jpg

Happy new Year everyone!

Thanks Dennis. I figured 1 thread was better than going back into each different thread. Its kinds like an online model truck show. Too bad theres not a way to vote, like people choice. Hhmmm, maybe something can be done. This gives guys a chance to look back at all the builds. Its also good for members like me who joined mid year to see builds that may have slipped down the list. Your builds look great, ive been keeipn my eyes open for 1 of them excavators. Id really like 1 to go with the rest of my equipment. If i can started on it, i have trailer that might get some attention. Great work this year man!

Thanks Dennis. I figured 1 thread was better than going back into each different thread. Its kinds like an online model truck show. Too bad theres not a way to vote, like people choice. Hhmmm, maybe something can be done. This gives guys a chance to look back at all the builds. Its also good for members like me who joined mid year to see builds that may have slipped down the list. Your builds look great, ive been keeipn my eyes open for 1 of them excavators. Id really like 1 to go with the rest of my equipment. If i can started on it, i have trailer that might get some attention. Great work this year man!

Dude....I found a couple of those excavators across town at a truck stop.....And they had one with a battle tank, too....I also found them on Amazon.....Cost a little more than Love's, but they deliver.....Just look up NewRay toys.....You have to buy them with the rig and trailer, but that suits me just fine....I use the wheels and tires for race trailers and low boys.....

And yeah....One thread is an excellent idea....As soon as something new comes up, I can view it.....Awesome....

Great work, Dennis.....I think this is your first full year of posting, right??? And not much more experience in modeling..... Great job on that NewRay....As I stated, I've found a couple and have already commenced to modifying one to suit my taste for orange......I'm thinking CASE brand.....

And nice work, Dave, on that Mack.....Some of us just seem to have all the time in the world, but don't feel bad....

Edited by kilrathy10

Dude....I found a couple of those excavators across town at a truck stop.....And they had one with a battle tank, too....I also found them on Amazon.....Cost a little more than Love's, but they deliver.....Just look up NewRay toys.....You have to buy them with the rig and trailer, but that suits me just fine....I use the wheels and tires for race trailers and low boys.....

And yeah....One thread is an excellent idea....As soon as something new comes up, I can view it.....Awesome....

Great work, Dennis.....I think this is your first full year of posting, right??? And not much more experience in modeling..... Great job on that NewRay....As I stated, I've found a couple and have already commenced to modifying one to suit my taste for orange......I'm thinking CASE brand.....

And nice work, Dave, on that Mack.....Some of us just seem to have all the time in the world, but don't feel bad....

JT...here's a link to a Doosan excavator. It closely resembles the New Ray and it's in your favorite color! :Dhttp://www.doosanequipment.eu/doosanequipment/products/crawler-excavators/medium-excavators/DX180LC-3.page?

Good job, Sean...Very nice work....

Ah well I need to find a Cat 3306 in scale (no I don't mean to say 3406... I need a 3-3-0-6) to shove in there and fix a warped hood... plus a side step from the rog pete 359 kit.... so it looks nice in the pic but not in real life... :P

Thanks though JT!

I did a few cars this year and these trucks

DSCN1048_zpsaa7b979d.jpg

Just the auto rack and Louisville. The Cars were previously built

IMG_0010_zps14a3936c.jpg

DSCN1053_zps101d29eb.jpg

DSCN1167_zps1c6c94bb.jpg

DSCN0947_zps9ba4bc14.jpg

IWhen I checked through my build log I was suprised by the number of builds that I did complete this year

Thanks

Carl

Edited by dptydawg

Thanks for making one post for the yearly builds its great to able to go to the one post to see all the great work every one has done this past year. I did not get any trucks built this past year spent my time on cars but I'm currently working a car transporter and have a couple trucks lined up to build in 2015.

Happy New Years everyone !