Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cannonball Run 2015 " The Sleeperball"

wagonmaster

However thats one other few remaining Johan molds that the former owner of Johan is still using. I'm told he's selling them at shows and the quality has suffered. Buyer beware.

Okey doesn't have the molds anymore. At last spotting, J Lloyd, former owner of Lindberg had the molds. Okey has a big parts hoard, mostly bought as part of his purchases at the Johan/Seville liquidation auction. The Rambler wagon kits he's selling now are his remaining stock, and he's been seen assembling the kits into boxes from parts bags. Those kits are sold at shows without shrink wrap.

J Lloyd also had the '59 Dodge and Chrysler Turbine car promo tooling, and was shopping that around. Those two kits were seen in Moebius showcase at a trade show, so maybe Moebius has the '59 Rambler tooling too.

Edited by Tom Geiger

I had alot of fun last year, would like to do this again this year. So I ordered this kit to today.

InternationalScoutII-vi_zps1706bf81.jpg

I'm calling it International LaScout II, I will combine the Scout with a Revell Ferrari LaFerrari. I was inspired by this truck, mine may have to be lowered but not slammed like this. Too bad this looks cool, but would ruin the sleeper effect. kcrscca-event7_119_zpse6ad65e8.jpg

As of now we have 15 entries. looking good. I still have to figure out my build. I have ideas but nothing finalized.

Good luck to all.

As Jantrix said. This is about sleepers. you can build anything you like. as long as it is a sleeper.

and a sleeper is a deceptively fast car.

Tim

As of now we have 15 entries. looking good. I still have to figure out my build. I have ideas but nothing finalized.

Good luck to all.

As Jantrix said. This is about sleepers. you can build anything you like. as long as it is a sleeper.

and a sleeper is a deceptively fast car.

Tim

Tim, you have me listed as "Wreaker388" not Wrecker. Not criticizing, but could you fix it please?

Anyone wanting a turbine but baulking at kitbashing a Johan Turbine Car can get a powerplant from one of the current full detail Batmobiles (and you can still build one with the Lincoln donk). Note you need the deluxe kit with the photo etch.

Anyhoo, here's my official entry photo. That bulge needs to be removed from the bonnet and I'm thinking vinyl roof and beige or mustard paint. That's a 440 Magnum from a Revell Charger in the bag. Not sure about induction yet...

Photo0307_zps3278e056.jpg

Edited by zenrat

G' Day Tim,

Count me in too!

AMT Dodge Ram 50 with V8 running gear etc....

(Tried to upload image from P/B but for some reason it didn't work, works on other forums?

You copy then it doesn't paste.....can anyone shed some light)

Cheers

Ray

G' Day Tim,

Count me in too!

AMT Dodge Ram 50 with V8 running gear etc....

(Tried to upload image from P/B but for some reason it didn't work, works on other forums?

You copy then it doesn't paste.....can anyone shed some light)

Cheers

Ray

Sounds like your doing it right. Im using ios and every once in while itll mess up. I just refresh PB and try again.

I have now made it official my entry will be a aoshima Datsun 720 with a LHD dash from a hilux and modified interior tub kindly supplied by Luke (Cool Hand) as for power most likely a Chevy motor and mini cooper rims